“Great Margaritas Terrible Service” 3 of 5 bubbles

Baja Grill
Ranked #30 of 47 Restaurants in Watauga
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Great Margaritas Terrible Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Baja Grill has excellent margaritas and good food but TERRIBLE service. I went one night and put out party of two on the waiting list. Then I saw several parties that arrived after us seated before us. I went to the hostess to ask where we were on the list and she said she did not see us. Then I pointed to our coordinating buzzer number on the list then they sat us right away.

We went again tonight and we were seated then ten minutes passed and no one came by to get drink order or anything. I again went to the hostess and asked if they knew who our waiter was because we has been sitting there for ten minutes. No apologizes, no explanation then five minutes later someone finally shows up.

The margaritas are the only thing that keep me coming back. The food is good but nothing to write home about. The service is horrendous.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Fort Worth, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, terrible service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

It's defiantly a good place to eat. The brisket tacos are amazing. The Rita's are great, they are really strong so be careful. The bartender was nice. But the servers are terrible. If I go, plan on great food, but bad service.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Keller, Texas
“Great margaritas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Food and drinks are great. Margaritas are awesome....but only have two...I could barely walk...thankfully I had a Designated Driver.

Visited June 2012
Archer City, TX
“Consistently good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

We keep trying different things on the menu and (and things not on the menu suggested by the servers) and have yet to be disappointed. The brisket tacos, carnita tacos and pastor tacos are all top tier. We love to share the Parillada but it's huge and never finish. We were recently told we could order a 1/2 parillada and it is perfect for two! We were also told we could get lettuce leaves instead of tortillas for the fajitas (like asian lettuce wraps). What a great idea to make a healthy choice.

• Visited February 2012
Keller, Texas
“Awesome Chile Rellenos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

If I'm gonna have Mexican food in the Metroplex, then Baja Grill is my first choice. I've been there several times and they are consistently good. My wife usually gets I think it's Jennifer's platter- enchilladas with the grilled vegetables over it, really good. And I think their Chile Rellenos are awesome. You get 2 big ones with your choice of meats and the red and green sauces they throw on em is really good too. The barracho beans are really good too. If you're in the area I would definately recommend them. They have a sister store in Grapevine too called El Taco H and it's really good as well.

• Visited December 2011