“Drove right by” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chef Point Cafe

Chef Point Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Chef Point Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Watauga
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Five Star Food in a gas station. Featured on Food Networks Diners Drive-ins and dive, Paula Deen Magazine, CNN, New York Times and many others.
Decatur, Texas
“Drove right by”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Missed it on first pass and had to turn around. The gas station sign is more prominent than the restaurant sign. The service and food were both excellent. My wife had French cut pork chops and I had chicken fried steak. The seasoning was perfect, no salt or pepper required. I'm usually not a fan of restaurant mashed potatoes however these may have been the best I've had. The atmosphere is more like a diner and while I get the novelty, it didn't seem to quite match the menu (chicken fried steak excepted). The tables were very close together and I think it makes a better place for dining with a group than date night. We were the only couple in the place. Will definitely look for an opportunity to go back.

• Visited March 2013

Southlake, Texas
“Quality but quirky. Near gourmet in a gas station.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

At one of my occasional visits to outstanding Chef Point, enjoyed delightful, big Triple lamb chop dinner, grilled a perfect medium rare with a little char. Fabulous rich wine sauce. Roasted vegs & potatoes helped me get all that sauce in. Great service always clean. I would avoid on Holidays, seems the only complaints are when they are super busy.

Fort Worth, Texas
“Went there 3X in a week”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I've heard of this place but never made the effort to try it. My wife finally talked me to trying this place and it was awesome. Each time I went I tried to eat something different. For appetizers the maple leaf duck breast was amazing, I never knew this combo could be so good. When a place self proclaim that they have the best bread pudding, I was a bit skeptical but it is a must try. I don't even like bread pudding! They do have a policy of no reservations but you can call a few minutes early and put your name on the list. The only critique I have is the ventilation of the restaurant since throughout the whole place every now and then gets smoky. Service was great who we later found out was the son of the owner.

• Visited February 2013
Littleton, Colorado, United States
“What a delight....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

As usual, asking the locals for the best place to eat is the key to a memorable meal.
Surrounded by all the usual restaurant chains we asked the cleark at the front desk of our hotel for a truly local or unusual place to eat. Glad that she recommended the Chef Point Cafe.

After you get past the Gas Station exterior, you find yourself inside a very comfortable restaurant. The service, food and ambience were top notch.

Would definitely recommend the Fried Green Tomatoes, the rack of lamb and the bread pudding. All were outstanding.

We will be back!!

Visited March 2013
Denton, Texas
“Good Homestyle Cooking and More”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We are visiting from California and really enjoyed eating here. Lots of menu choices. Large entree portions;however, artichoke appetizer and wines by the glass were skimpy. We definitely will return.