“A Wonderful B&B With Excellent Service”

Brazos Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Washington B&B and Inns
Houston
“A Wonderful B&B With Excellent Service”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We were extremely pleased with this B&B. Diane pays attention to every detail and is very accommodating to her guests. We recommend Brazos B&B and would stay there again if we needed a room in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed October 14, 2011

This bed-n-breakfast was a charming and quaint little place sitting in a very quiet and peaceful country area. The hot tub was great and the big hammock was even better. It was great being away from city traffic and the room was wonderful, too. We've stayed a lot of bed-n-breakfast facilities and this one sailed right to the top of my list as places to return to. The innkeepers are wonderful, friendly and eager to serve you Blue Bell ice cream. The value is what first attracted us. I did price comparisons and this place is a bargain considering all the things you get. We had breakfast on our deck with hummingbirds flying nearby.

Room Tip: Book early. This gem can be hard to get on late notice. There are only two rooms and they go fast.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 16, 2011

From the moment we arrive, Diane pampers us with her charm, her decor and her attention to every detail. The gardens are full of flowers and herbs, the peach tree is hanging low from the weight of the fruit, the butterflies and birds are going from tree to tree. The B&B is a separate building which gives guests a cozy feeling in a good-sized suite. The breakfasts are so good that you won't want lunch. But in case you want something sweet, Diane's cookies are incredible and she always has Bluebell ice cream on hand. The bed is wonderful to sleep on with lavish linens that make us sleep that extra hour we really need. I would recommend this serene and lovely spot to anyone looking for understated perfection.

Room Tip: Both rooms are wonderful but the Texas Suite has a great jacuzzi bath. There is a hot tub outside.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jcs8192
Houston
Reviewed February 1, 2011

My husband and I almost always stay at B&Bs when we travel but have only found three that deserve our "5 star" rating (we're pretty discerning: read picky). One is Brazos B&B. We have stayed several times, and Diane Hunter's warmth, caring, and exquisite attention to every detail makes this a destination in and of itself. The peaceful surroundings are a great stress reliever and the accomodations, food, and amenities are first-rate.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Hopewell, Virginia
Reviewed November 7, 2010

My stay at the Brazos Bed and Breakfast was terrific. Diane Hunter was the most gracious hostess I've ever met. She went above and beyond to ensure my comfort and needs were taken care of.

The inn is situated on gorgeous, relaxing grounds. My room was perfect - clean, welcoming, and homey. And Diane's breakfasts were delicious!!

Thank you, Diane, for such a wonderful, memorable stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
austin, tx
Reviewed November 5, 2010

My husband and I recently stayed in the Tree Top suite for our anniversary and didn't want to leave. Quiet and secluded (we were the only guests), with amenities that exceeded every expectation. the Brazos B&B was exactly what we needed for our mini-escape. Diane's breakfasts (and cookies!) were delightful, as was her attention to detail. She was an expert at being present without being *too* involved, and we couldn't have asked for a warmer hostess.

The accommodations were perfect for us - a small but spacious suite with a tiny butler pantry (that was often stocked to the brim - so much so that we didn't need to venture out for lunch!), and AMAZING bathroom. The B&B is definitely a country getaway - but close enough to Brenham's small town adventures, and we took advantage of one of the town's restaurants for our anniversary dinner (beware! most are closed on Monday nights!). But the room and surroundings were so peaceful we really didn't feel like moving beyond its picturesque little balcony most of the time.

Highly recommended for a stay in East Texas, either for antique-ing or RenFest-ing, or just to get away!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Galveston, Texas
Reviewed September 12, 2009

I am very particular about my lodging choices, and pretty critical of B&Bs in particular. This B&B went so far beyond my expectations - I can not begin to tell you how impressed I was with the property, the food (the cookies are to die for!), the cleanliness, the hospitality...everything was amazing.

The grounds and surrounding countryside made for such a relaxing visit. There were comfortable chairs to sit and read, or a nice pathway to walk around the property. There is a friendly dog that will play fetch (although returning it seemed to be a issue!), and squirrels and hummingbirds that visit all day. I was impressed that the wireless connection worked so well, being out and away from the city.

My two days were not nearly long enough and I hope to go back soon! Diane was an amazing hostess, available if I needed her, but not in the least intrusive, nor full of "rules" for your stay. I could go on and on, but you just have to try it for yourself!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

Been to Brazos Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!