“Not classy, definately not a bed & BREAKFAST!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Washington
Lillian Farms Country Estate
Ranked #1 of 2 Washington B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Not classy, definately not a bed & BREAKFAST!!”
Reviewed January 24, 2011

We were greeted when we arrived, never saw anyone again except the cook when we left. We stayed two days and only received two trays of a continental breakfast which included bagels, cream cheese, orange juice, and the second day two open boxes of cereal and yogurt. When you arrive during the week, you can get a discount. The discount is no breakfast. So that's how they discount it. We didn't realize this. At least we could have had new boxes of cereal!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank castles4me44
lillianfarms12570, Manager at Lillian Farms Country Estate, responded to this review, January 26, 2011
We are saddened by and frankly surprised at your review. The discount you chose to recieve and clearly stated on our website is our weekday special which discounts the room 20% each night. It equals to $75 off your two night stay. It includes a continental breakfast instead of the full country breakfast. As for the cereal, it was freshly opened by the owner the morning of, then taken to the hospitality area for you to enjoy. Upon arrival, you were personally greeted at the front door, given a tour of the house then shown to your room and was gracefully asked if you needed help with dinner options. The owner lives on-site if any questions or problems should arise.

We have taken this review into consideration and came to the conclusion that we no longer will offer this special with the continental breakfast.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Spring, Texas
Reviewed January 10, 2011

It was a pleasant surprise to find myself traveling on 1.5 hrs away to such a beautiful B&B and meeting such a vibrant young woman like Ms Barbara and her friendly staff and friends! It was home away from home and I really really really did not want to leave!
As soon as I returned to work,everyone of course asked where I went for my birthday and I couldn't wait to tell them all about it! I'm sure that you will meet some of my colleagues on occassions within the year!
I didn't find you on facebook & hoped to, but didn't locate the website and linked that onto my FB to share with my friends there.
What we did not tell you was that my husband is also the lead singer and guitarist for Velvet Punch. Maybe the hair might have told you that! They have done weddings & if your interested @ anytime, please let us know!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 31, 2010

We did not think our second stay this year at Lillian Farms could get any better. Happly we were wrong. We met another couple on their 5th stay and they were as happy as the four of us. Barb and her staff are what down home southern comfort and class is all about. We have allready blocked out our next stay in the soon to be finished cottage on the hill. We can hardly wait. We hope to see you there someday.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Houston, TX
Reviewed December 31, 2010

We have stayed in a number of different bed and breakfasts but this one is by far the best. The country is beautiful and the location is very private. We really feel like we are part of the owners family every time we visit. You just can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Plano, Texas
Reviewed November 9, 2010

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Lillian Farms and plan to return there again soon. Our room was excellent, the bed was very comfortable and the accomodations felt like home. The breakfast was awesome; with a wide variety of choices including egg casserole, bluberry cobbler, fruit, biscuits with gravy or toast, juice and coffee. I gained 5 pounds just looking at all the good food to eat! Overall, the home is more than I expected and decorated very nicely throughout. It is unique and reminds me of a by-gone era, where stately mansions welcomed travelers for an overnight stay. I highly recommend you consider Lillian Farms, if you are in the area and need a great place to stay - my family will definitely return in the near future.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
houston, tx
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Wow, we needed a break from in-laws and the city. Lillian Farms went so far beyond our needs. They literally offered service in areas we did not even know we wanted until we were asked. Polished and kind staff, willing to go the extra mile and seemed to enjoy doing it. Thank you so much, we can face regular life again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Texas
Reviewed October 14, 2010

While this place is very beautiful the owner is a bit pretentious and appears to be more concerned in making a profit. I have found other B&Bs that are much more welcoming (and don't talk about $$ so much)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
5 Thank slpmom69
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
Coach Light Inn Brenham
Far View - A Bed and Breakfast Estate
Red Velvet Inn
Red Velvet Inn
#1 of 5 in Navasota

Been to Lillian Farms Country Estate? Share your experiences!