New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“In Texas? I couldn't believe it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Dos Brisas

The Inn at Dos Brisas
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Washington
“In Texas? I couldn't believe it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We had planned to be in Banf for my birthday but had to cancel.. So my hubby found this 2 hours from home. Oh my gosh!!!!!! You have to get a hacienda! Private plunge pool, outdoor shower, walk in inside shower, decorated beautifully.... Now lets talk food... They are 80% self sustaining. They grow everything on property. Amazing!!!!!!!!!!! So many incredible flavors that dance so well together you could eat for hours. Staff is pure Texas friendly and can't do enough for you. Whenever we need a small respite we will return again & again

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Particulardvswank

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Wilmington, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

GO HERE! We had a most wonderful time staying in a Hacienda at Dos Brisas. No detail was overlooked in the accommodations. Every bite was melt-in-your mouth, and the staff is incredibly accommodating. In addition, you're only a short drive from Brenham. When we checked in, Stephanie greeted us and made us a delicious cocktail. Andrew, the GM, is awesome. The stay would not be complete without an activity with "OK" Estes and Cathy. We cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: HACIENDA! Complete with outdoor shower, butler's pass, private pool and golf cart.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Wow! This is a true 5 star resort. The rooms are breath taking. The food is melt in your mouth.

I was fortunate to attend a wedding at the Inn. The staff made everyone feel at home. They saw to everyone's needs.

Anyone that goes to relax will not regret going.

• Stayed December 2012
Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

In all of my travels I have never stayed at a more beautiful and special place. From the warmness of the staff (a real "can do" group) to the comfort of the casita to the exqusite dining, this place easily goes beyond the 5 star rating. Each guest gets a private casita with kitchen, fireplace and golf cart. These sit in the midst of rolling pastures complete with horses and cattle. We had a fantastic horseback ride with a prepared picnic served creekside. The dinner was a multicourse masterpeice graciously served. If you are in the Houston area and want the hospitality experience of a lifetime,please reserve a room. As the old expression goes "you get what you pay for".

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My new husband and I just had our much anticipated wedding at The Inn At Dos Brisas, actually it was in Dec. and I am just getting around to sending this. I had attended a wedding there previously and was so impressed, that when my husband proposed I knew this just had to be the place. By far, this became the most wonderful experience of my entire life, it was like a fairy tale come true. Being in my mid 50’s and having been married before, I did not crave a formal wedding. My thoughts were that we would become man and wife outside in the open air with not much formality. Well, we did just that, next to the infinite pool, on their gorgeous terrace but instead of just a ceremony, Wonny, Dos Brisas General Manager and Sarah their Events Coordinator, made it into a fairy tale experience that I will never be forgotten. In fact, when informed that I was too nervous to apply my makeup, Wonny herself appeared at my door and set out to take over that task, followed by Ludovic with a bottle of Champaign to help me relax.
They even had arranged for a local shop owner, Carrisa of Scissors & Scents, to come out and make my hair look fabulous, and that she did. My brother (who gave me away) and I were transported from their massive and unbelievably luxurious Haciendas, our overnight accommodations, by horse and buggy by Mr. Estes and Kathy, who run the equestrian side of the operation, to my fiancés side to be married. Mr. Estes is the most gracious man I think I have ever met, sorry new husband. He removed his hat, bowed and helped me out of the carriage himself.
After the ceremony, cocktails were available for our guests while we posed for our photographs and thanks to Sarah my Champaign glass was never empty. Zach, their executive chief, and his wonderful staff, prepared the best and most mouthwatering prime rib I have ever had to this day. And, in addition, we were served the most delicious, fresh vegetables that were grown on their property in their own organic gardens. My 50 guests are still commenting at just the gorgeousness of the entire place from the restaurant to the Stables and Equestrian area and the Farm. The 10 casitas and haciendas which I and my family members stayed overnight in, words just do not describe. Cozy, luxurious and oh so relaxing, with each hacienda having their own private pool. This is a resort in the true since of the word. And earlier, when I began to get a little nervous about the pending nuptials, Gloria Beamen, their masseuse, arrived to take my mind to a better place, and that she did. I could go on and on forever but I will spare you all.
But I still have to add that Mr. and Mrs. Bosch (the owners of Dos Brisas) just happened to be on the property and graced us with their attendance, we were thrilled. I even at one point left the main room to check on the children, they had their own table, and there I found Mrs. Bosch herself entertaining them and even helping to cut up their food, and I thought to myself what a wonderful mother she would be. As I said before, I could go on forever but I must stop somewhere.
I thank them all so much for my beautiful wedding.
Elaine Howton

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ElaineH1958
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I made a quick trip (1 night was all we had) to Dos Brisas on a Saturday night. Prior to our arrival, Brenda called to schedule our activities and dining. We booked a horseback ride & clay-pigeon shooting. We were going to be arriving late in the evening, past dining room hours, so we had in-room dining for Saturday night. The head chef called me personally to arrange our dinner menu! We had 3 courses and the food was OUTSTANDING!!! We selected a HACIENDA for our stay and it did not disappoint!!! We had our own personal golf cart to use on the property. The room was soooooooo beautiful and the details are amazing. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Definitely book a HACIENDA. They are out of this WORLD.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank MrsReyes
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Although our trip was cut short due to personal reasons, our short stay was excellent! From the time we arrived and met Brenda at the greeting area to clay shooting with OK and his assistant. All around service was excellent! Definitely planning on a return trip.

We stayed in one of the Hacienda's and were amazed with the cleanliness and spaciousness of the Hacienda. It definitely exceeded our expectations in every way! They even had AMC and I was able to get in my weekly fix of The Walking Dead on Sunday!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
Hampton Inn & Suites Brenham
Red Velvet Inn
Red Velvet Inn
#1 of 6 in Navasota
5.0 of 5 stars 17 reviews

Been to The Inn at Dos Brisas? Share your experiences!