“Some good and some bad”

Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Bryan, TX
“Some good and some bad”
Reviewed February 6, 2005

I stayed here for 2 nights on business in February 2005. First of all, the good... Friendly and helpful staff, VERY comfortable bed (I was told it was a recently renovated room), decent breakfast and good service in the restaurant, great location, clean room.

As for the bad... Yes, the birds can be very annoying if you are a light sleeper in the morning (which I am). Earplugs would probably solve that problem. Also a word of advice: DON'T park underneath the trees unless you want to wash your car the next day. However, it should be noted that this seems to be a problem at just about any hotel in Texas that I've stayed in. Maid service was very late for our room. Walls are pretty thin (could hear next door's TV and conversation).

Would I stay here again? Perhaps. This particular stay was for a conference that was being held in the adjacent convention center. So it was very convenient.

Perhaps ask for a room on the west side of the building to avoid some of the street noise. And bring those earplugs...

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank gbthomas66

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Reviewed October 18, 2003

This was my second and last stay at this hotel. I was there for Parent's Weekend and my room was terrible. When I checked in, my room had an unpleasant odor. I tried to call the front desk to change rooms but the phone did not work. I walked down to the desk and reported my phone not working and also my displeasure with the room. They told me there were no other rooms available. The room was "well worn". The carpet was not vacuumed. I sat down in one of the chairs and under the chair was food from the previous guest. The housekeeping lacks a lot.
This place is long overdue for a remodeling. When I went to express check-out via the telephone, much to my surprise, my telephone still was not working. After a two night stay, I was more than ready to leave.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 24, 2003

It's a nice clean hotel with all the facilities for a pleasant stay. The service in the sports bar/restaurant was excellent for the several days I was there. But, the birds, and the measures taken by the Waco city to deal with them: a guy drives around the hotel at 6am with a horn and flares ... what a way to start the day, you feel like you're in the middle of Baghdad with things whizzing and popping outside your window. Rooms with connecting doors can be a bit noisy -- you hear next door's conversations, TV and whatever else. It's close to a lot of good places to eat and drink in the restaurant/shopping centre across the road. But watch out for the birds!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 23, 2003

This management team does not realize that the only thing that separates them from other chains is service. The maid service was very late several days. Twice I had to call and cancel it because it was after 4:30 PM and I didn't want to be disturbed. Then they botched up my reservation by one day and I had to move out of a room I had been in for almost 4 weeks with no apologies. Didn't need THAT aggravation. The bird activity in the vicinity was terrible. Their attempt to quell the birds was, at times, just as annoying. All the activities that the hotel hosts restricts patron parking to far away from the hotel. They should reserve some parking for people staying there. Will search out the nearest Residence Inn on the next trip. HILTON.........Free accomodations to amend this trip are not necessary

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member