“I've not stayed in a better hotel in several years!”
Review of Hilton Waco

Hilton Waco
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Knoxville, TN
“I've not stayed in a better hotel in several years!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Having had a bad experience at another hotel in the Hilton family the night before I stayed at the Hilton Waco, I was a little concerned about my choice, but I decided to stay here anyway. I am very glad that I did! The staff at the front desk already had my room key ready when I arrived, and the room was very clean. I enjoyed breakfast at the hotel restaurant, and the chef cooking eggs to order was very nice and polite. I wish they had a couple of more options for fresh fruit on the breakfast buffet, but it was still an excellent breakfast. This is one of the few Hilton hotels that has free parking, while still being close to the convention center and several nice restaurants, so that is an added bonus. I will definitely stay here when I return to Waco!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Jason O, Front Office Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for posting a review of your experience of your stay with us. I’m sorry to hear about your experience with one of our other hotels. I am glad to hear your stay with us went well and hope we were able to regain your loyalty to the Hilton brand.

I will pass along your suggestion for the breakfast buffet to our restaurant manager. We hope to see you again soon!

Jason Owens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
oklahoma City, Okla, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2014

For over ten years this Hilton in Waco Texas has been gracious and accommodating to me and my guests. My primary satisfaction comes from the character and cordial attentiveness of the people on their staff at all levels. The hotel is convenient to Baylor University, and to downtown Waco. With it being close to Interstate 35, it makes it easy to locate, and easy to travel to other venues.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Jason O, Front Office Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Hello,

Thank you very much for the kind words in the review of your recent stay here at the Hilton Waco!

We greatly appreciate the great feedback regarding your stay and the friendship we have made. We are thrilled that you found our staff to be so accomodating!

We will see you soon!

Fort Worth, United States
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The Waco Hilton is the most convenient and nice place to stay whether you are attending Waco Cotton Palace, an event at Baylor University or other events around the city. The staff are very friendly and the accommodations could not be nicer. Our family has always enjoyed staying at this hotel while visiting Waco.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Good day,

Thank you very much for completing a review of you recent stay here at the Hilton Waco!

We very much appreciate the kind words and the recommendation! I will pass that along to our restaurant manager. We hope to see you all again when you are back in Waco!

Connecticut
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Hotel was very nice - would stay there again. Rooms were clean and quite. If I had to say anything about the place, I would say they could use another person at the omelet station in the morning, as once person wasn't sufficient.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Good day --

We very much appreciate the kind words and suggestion! I will pass along your recommendation to our restaurant manager.

We hope to see you all again when you are back in Waco!

Cape Canaveral, Florida
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We had a corner room on 11th floor with an amazing view of the Brazos River and the historical suspension bridge. The 11th floor is an upgrade that includes breakfast and every day but Sunday evening snacks/supper. Love that the entire hotel is nonsmoking.The entire staff was very friendly from the check in to the staff attending the 11th floor "lounge/supper/breakfast room ." Special thanks to the consideration and customer service from Jennifer at the front desk. We had an issue with the water and the tv on Easter Sunday -- she was so gracious and concerned- and made us forever Waco Hilton fans. Would not consider staying anywhere else in Waco now.- the only thing some people may not like is small bathroom, but no problem for us -- that view of the river with the comfortable chairs better than any large bathroom experience.

Room Tip: room 1121- quiet , away from elevator - spectacular view and close to 11th floor snack/breakfast roo...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Good Day,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry the emergency water shutoff impacted your stay, but am glad to hear Jennifer was able to take care of you. I will make sure she is recognized for this!

We hope to see you again soon!

Bolingbrook, IL
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I was here for a convention and my first comment about this place was that it needs an updating. The rooms were dark and cold. Extra high walls on the tub made it difficult to get in or out Glad I'm not a senior. Towels not always replaced, even if I left them designated to be. I was most disappointed by the lack of a free continental breakfast which is almost expected at hotels these days. The only choice was a pricey buffet in the hotel restaurant. We had several receptions at which popcorn and pretzels were served -- not exactly what I was paying big bucks for. Despite our lower convention rate, the cost was higher than at other hotels in the area. The only redeeming factor is that the parking is free -- even on the street parking is available -- so there are no valets to tip. Figures, since there is not much in the line of service here.

Room Tip: This is probably one of only a few hotels in Waco, so you don't have much choice. You can selec...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Jason O, Front Office Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your guest room. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. As long as you do not have a "do not disturb sign" up, towels should be replaced daily. I am very sorry to hear this did not happen during your stay. As the only full service hotel in the area we do not offer a continental breakfast, but get many compliments on our breakfast buffet. We also have an executive level available where breakfast is provided. Food served for conventions, whether here or at the Convention Center, are provided based on what the host requests.

We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Maryland
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Second stay here, consistently good. All the comforts and amenities, every staff person we met was friendly and welcoming and helpful. Saw a manager-type making the rounds in the lounge, ensuring that all everyone was enjoying themselves. Also notice management reads and responds to reviews, always a good sign. Alvin at the front desk was smiling and cool-headed even when the check-in line got long. He simply called in for extra help (a lady who was also friendly/helpful) and gave everyone individual attention. Definitely go for the 11th floor lounge option; the free snacks and breakfast are awesome; I am still dreaming about the bacon. Hated to leave our luxo accommodations... will stay there whenever in Waco. Tourist tip: go see the Armstrong/Browning library on campus to be blown away by the cool building.

Room Tip: See if you can get a river view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason O, Front Office Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Hello!

Wow! What a great review. Thank you for taking time to express your satisfaction regarding your recent stay with us. We strive to ensure our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay and enjoy meeting and talking to them. Also, thank you for recognizing Alvin. He is very engaging with our guests and keeps the mood light around here.

The management team is very involved in online comments and survey responses. We appreciate both the positive reviews that let us know what we are doing right, as well as the constructive reviews to see where we can improve.

We look forward to seeing you again soon and I look forward to meeting you.