“Nice hotel”
Review of Hilton Waco

Hilton Waco
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Reviewed September 17, 2008

Was a little wary after reading some of the reviews, but we had a great stay. We had one of the larger rooms at the end of the building with extra windows overlooking the river. Our room was extra clean. Room service was prompt. I'd preordered some wine and chips and salsa and it was in our room upon arrival. The salsa was excellent! We also had some big comfortable, fluffy robes which were great when we were laying around watching the news about the hurricane. From what we saw driving around Waco this was the best property in town. Another thing we loved, we stayed right up until noon the day we left, it seems normally you have housekeeping knocking on your door if you don't leave early in the morning, but we were not bothered.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Rob S

Reviewed September 4, 2008

Most of the renovation of this hotel is done.

We are Hilton Gold members so we got upgraded to the executive floor. There is a concierge room with computers and snacks on this floor. Problem is that it is not open very often and was closed our entire stay.

We did not have hot water all weekend long. When I talked to the front desk they said they had a new boiler. They were not concerned and made no attempt to fix the situation.

We were suppose to be given free breakfast everyday but on our last night I was told they no longer offered this because there was breakfast in the concierge room. The next morning the concierge room was closed.

Service at this hotel is lacking. They made some nice upgrades but don't expect the staff to care if you have a problem.
The Marriott is right behind Hilton.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2008

I have attended a conference at this hotel for the last four years. I was shocked when I walked in this year. The lobby and bar area have been completely redone. The rooms are large and have comfortable new beds. The air conditioner is still a bit loud, but other than that I was thoroughly pleased with this hotel. This hotel was merely OK before the renovation, but I thought it was great now.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2008

Awesome beds, clean room. Very nice front desk staff. Restaurant & bar staff very nice but breakfast crew was overworked! Little League players, coaches and families were staying in the hotel and the breakfast area was swamped! Food was good but they could have used some extra help. Overall, comfortable stay in a clean, upscale hotel. No major complaints.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2008

Overall, a great hotel. Rooms are nicely updated and clean. Flat screen televisions in room. Workout room was very modern with new equipment and with individual television monitors on the treadmills, elipticals, etc. Pool appeared to be very nice, but we did not have a chance to use it. Note that front entry of hotel is being renovated as of 7/08 and temporary entry at rear of hotel is not well marked and is difficult to find, especially at night.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2008

If you want a full-service hotel in Waco, this is really the only option. I wanted to give this hotel a 3.5 because it’s not up to the level of the hotels I’ve rated as 4 but better than a 3. I decided to give it a 4 for effort. The renovations are very nice. I upgraded to a corner room with view. The view was nothing special, but the room was spacious and had a lot of natural light. The first room I received had a slight smell, and I was able to get a different room. I bought a package that included room service breakfast, and it was a great deal. The breakfast was very good. The biggest problem with the hotel is that we often had trouble reaching the front desk, room service, or guest services from the room. Several times when we called, the phone rang for a long time before anyone picked up. However, the staff seemed to try really hard. When we asked at the front desk where we could get a newspaper to see movie listings, the staff promptly printed out movie listings and directions to the movie theater. For me, that was the difference between a 3 and a 4.

• Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed March 19, 2008

I stayed at the Hilton Waco for a business trip. I was a little dissapointed when I first drove up to it but they are undergoing renovations so I reserved judgement until I got to my room. Front desk staff was extremely curtious. I was on the 4th floor and the room was very nice. It has recently been renovated. The "entranceway" is hardwood floor which then changes to carpeting for the bedroom area. The bathroom has granite ountertops. Having just re-done a bathroom in my home, I have to be a little nit-picky. The counters are quite low and one would imagine that if you re-do a bathroom you would put the comfort height counters in, but other than that, the room was really nice. There was about a 32" a flate screen tv in the bedroom. All in all, very good hotel. Would stay there again, even if it was not for a business trip.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business