“Great weekend in Waco!”

Hilton Waco
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Waco
“Great weekend in Waco!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Our weekend visit to friends who live in Waco was made really special by the friendly folks at the Hilton. Upon check in, we were given vouchers for breakfast the next morning. The room was immaculately clean and freshly appointed. We had a great view of the riverfront.

Breakfast was great. Bartender was friendly and knew how to make a great White Russian.

Room Tip: My only suggestion would be to provide better quality toilet tissue. All of the other amenites were...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Greetings,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience during your recent stay with us. We are glad you found the room to be in immaculate shape. We are lucky to have wonderful people that do a great job with that. We are also happy you were able to enjoy a nice meal and beverage at our restaurant.

We also appreciate the feedback regarding the amenities offered and hope to be able to have you again as our guest in the future.

Jason Owens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
dallas, United States
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Very impressed to find a Hilton in Waco. It was very clean, luxurious, helpful staff and would return to Waco just to stay at the Hilton. The Hilton properties never fail me. I was very pleased with what i saw and the great service i received from the staff.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Jason O, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review of your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Waco.

We strive to have every guest feel like family, so I am happy to hear your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to having both of you back in the future.
Hurst
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

We spent a weekend at this Hilton as Waco is a midpoint for my girlfriend and I. The hotel is very well kept, great amenities, beautiful lobby. The location is prime and there's plenty to see around it. Had a minor inconvenience during check-in, which turn into a funny story, but the clerk made the most of it by providing us with free breakfast. Such a great value and keeping up with the Hilton reputation.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason O, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Waco.

I am happy to hear we were able to resolve the issue to your satisfaction and you were able to enjoy your stay as well as the attractions near us. We hope to see you and your girlfriend in the near future.

San Diego, United States
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for my son's graduation from Baylor. Very closo to Baylor campus. This hotel exceeded my expecations, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone staying in Waco, TX. It is in a great location right by the river and a lovely suspension walking bridge. Restaurants right across the street. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Hello,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to review your recent stay with us. Congratulations on your son’s graduation.

We love having the bridge, Baylor University, and new stadium in such close proximity. The bridge is especially pretty when lit up at night.

Should you ever find yourself in this area in the future we would love to have you as our guest again.

San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed December 25, 2013

As usual, Hilton tops the charts. The service, rooms, staff, food were outstanding. It's just what I expect of Hilton. The front desk was especially helpful in providing directions for various venues for me.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate the kind comments and are glad we were able to assist in making your stay with us a great one.

If your travels bring you back to this area we hope to have you return as our guest.

Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My son is a student at Baylor, so we stay at this Hilton very frequently. Sadly, the service here is slowly deteriorating. The staff is VERY friendly. However, the level of service has gone down. When I booked two rooms online for a one-night stay on Dec. 15, I booked two corner rooms, each with a king bed on the Executive floor. When we got to our rooms, we discovered an inconvenience. One room was a corner room, room 1122, but the other, room 1117, was not. Not a big deal. However, I tried to talk to the lady at the front desk when I checked out the following morning. I was concerned that I had been charged for a corner room when I did not receive one. I verified on my written confirmation that I had in fact booked a corner room. She told me that what I paid for the non-corner room was the same price for a corner room. I told her that I verified online that the corner room was more expensive, and that I did not receive what I had booked, but was still charged for the more expensive room. She told me again they were the same price. When I returned home, I checked again, and they are not the same price. Also, through the hotel's "Request Upon Arrival" feature on their website, I had requested two extra towels and two foam pillows for each room. The room only has feather pillows, and I am allergic to them and generally do not like them. When we arrived, these items were not in either of our rooms. While this is not a big deal, this is the third time in a row that this has happened. Lastly, our room was next to the lounge on the 11th floor. We were awakened at 6:30 Sunday morning by the lady in the lounge preparing for breakfast. I had no idea it was possible to slam that many cabinet doors against the common wall between the lounge kitchen and our room. The wall where, on our side, the headboard was located. That is why I say the service in this hotel has begun a slow decline. Ignoring the Request Upon Arrival order each time is simply poor customer service and an irritant. However, it does exemplify the type of customer service this hotel is now offering, along with the inconsiderate morning preparations in the lounge. It is inexcusable, however, to book a certain room for a given price, then be given a cheaper room, but still charged for the more expensive room, then be told they are the same price. While I am very loyal to the Hilton brand, I am seriously considering moving to another property in Waco in the future. Perhaps just one more stay to see if there has been any improvement, but I am not very hopeful.

Room Tip: If on the executive floor, do NOT stay in room 1122. The breakfast preparations in the lounge next d...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DavidWB95
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your recent stay with us.

I am very sorry to hear that we have not been meeting your expectations of providing Hilton quality service. The level of service you have received is unacceptable. I have been brought in to ensure a great and consistent stay every time for every guest. Should you have any problems or would like to speak with me during your next stay please do not hesitate to ask for me.

Waco, United States
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Great Location, with plenty to do around the area, Great room size, Really good job with cleanliness. Id recommend it to anyone. the hilton did a great job with lounge and the bar. The gym was very nice and reasonable size for more then a few people to operate. Cable was a real big plus, along with the in room coffe choices. The Parking area was safe and well lit. Thanks

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Greetings,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to review your recent stay at the Hilton Waco.

We are thrilled to hear your stay here was pleasurable and appreciate your comments regarding your room and the amenities offered.

Thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope that you will return when your travels bring you to Waco!