“Renovations took place a long time ago”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #16 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Although they advertise that the rooms are newly renovated, we have been coming to this motel for 3 years and the rooms haven't improved. The carpets are filthy. My house shoes had to be put into a plastic bag and couldn't be worn again until they were washed and bleached. The bathroom smells moldy, the towels are threadbare, the ironing board is broken and, since the iron is attached to it, you can't use either. The office lobby smells strongly of the manager's cooking smells, so we had no desire to eat breakfast there. Although the price has always been the attraction, I now feel I can no longer stay there because it is too unpleasant an experience. If all you are interested in is the low price, then you might choose to stay there. However, I would never let children touch anything in the room.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Judith L

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We went for Baylor visit. Clean, comfortable, quiet. Price & location were just right! Night clerk friendly & helpful. Carb-loaded breakfast. Stayed on 2nd floor; had to call the clerk to get the heat on but stayed warm & cozy from then on.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2013

When we checked in to room 141 the roaches began to scurry. That was only the beginning. The rooms are dirty and reek of stale smoke. Carpets and furniture stained and greasy. We slept in our clothes the first night. We were bitten at least 10 times each by unknown insects. i took pics of anyone wants to see them. They then gave us room 236. There were fewer roaches but carpet, chair and walls were just as disgusting. That was when they called to tell us they had charged us the wrong rate and wanted to charge my card 27.00 more dollars. I asked for the
owner to call, he never did. General manager refused to give me his name. Lobby stinks of curry and dead roach on the way in. Asked for money by bums on 3 occasions in parking lot. I have never been treated so poorly by a hotel. I recommend no one ever stays here. I have filed a complaint with the Texas dept of health

• Stayed: October 2013
5  Thank SanAntonio_TxBigTex
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We are very happy with the service and room what a great find this place is. It is painted nice the bath rooms are upgraded and I was really suprised at the value for the price. The only compliant was the tv is a box tv not a flat screen. The mini fridge was clean and ready for use.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank nickkiew
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Wanted a motel with exterior doors. Read the reviews and decided to drive by. I guess they moved the van(previous photo review). The parking lot was clean. Our room is great. We have a king sized bed with a duvet cover(laundered between guest) more pillows than the Westin where we paid a lot more for a room. The owner was nice and accommodating. We drove around the area and it seemed safe and well kept. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Suzybee51
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed here on a trip from Dallas to San Antonio. Room was very clean and comfortable with a good amount of space. Internet connectivity was somewhat sporadic, but not really much of a problem. Complimentary breakfast was the usual cereal/pastry/toast with juice combo. Nothing special, but fine given the price. Only complaint was a hot rodder across the road working on a car with a loud exhaust. Guess some of that just comes with Texas. Would definitely stay here again if in the area. Office staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank morris91030
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I spent one night here 12/7/12 and it was just what I needed for my visit to Waco. The room looked as if it was recently renovated. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast left me wanting but for the price, I have no complaints. I will probably stay here the next time I am in Waco.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends