“Interesting tales of the Ranger's history”

Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum
Ranked #5 of 47 things to do in Waco
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Walking self-guided tour. Be careful, it 's easy to miss a room. The only way to appreciate the museum is to read the plaques and explanations. They can get repetitive, though. At one point, I saw the same picture three times in different locations. And the guns - well there must be at least 500 different models. They're from every era the Rangers were involved in. There is one display of three different pistols that you can try to pickup, and I mean try, they each weighed 4 pounds, 9 ounces. The water fountains dispensed luke warm water or water with an after taste. The movie was pretty good when they started it. It seems the guy in charge forgot the scheduled time. Interesting place but only good for one visit.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"brazos river"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed September 11, 2018

From the southeast and the visit gave a good history of the Rangers. Watch the video if possible, nice tributes to rangers of the past.

Reviewed September 8, 2018

I can’t tell you how many times we have passed this museum driving on 35 over the years. It is funny to think of all the times we said,” we need to stop there one day.”We finally decided to stop and visit it, and it was so enlightening. We spent over 6 hours looking at the history inside this amazing building! Do yourself a favor and stop, so glad we did.

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

This is basically a firearm museum. Not being from Texas, I walked in expecting to get a new appreciation and understating of who the Rangers are and what they do currently. Alas, this was not really the focus of the museum. I guess I was looking for the condensed history version to give me a baseline before I saw the displays. It’s mostly guns and artifacts from individual rangers with no context. There are a LOT of words to read in the displays if you are so inclined but it was not my cup of tea. Could definitely use an update and is in no way a state of the art type facility, not that it claims to be. It just feels outdated with the type of exhibits and the older film which is oddly in the back of the room and timeline. Allow a couple hours to visit if you intend to watch the movie.

1  Thank cynthiakennemore