“Food was excellent”

Clay Pot
Ranked #43 of 392 Restaurants in Waco
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family run business and one of the unique places in Waco. We have been voted for the best Asian food in Waco for the past 3 years. Voted the best Pho and Bubble Tea in Waco. Good selection of the exotic Asian Beer and Sake. HAPPY HOUR EVERYDAY FROM 5PM TO 7 PM (except Monday ). Like us on Facebook!
Poetry
“Food was excellent”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Never had Vietnamese food so decided to try. The waiter was great and gave me his recommendations. Was there for lunch and they have a great lunch deal, tea, soup and meal for $6.50. Everything was awesome. Neat little place. Definitely worth trying.

• Visited July 2014

“Definitely going to be a return customer!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Our family's first time there. Coming from Hawaii, other asian cuisine spots were lacking in one way or the other. This place nailed it, and we thoroughly enjoyed our food. Except for the Pho. I ate the Milam Fried Noodles, the hubby had the Clay Pot beef fried rice, the picky 11 yr old son ate the sesame chicken, and the 8 year old daughter ventured the pho and the steamed chicken dumplings. I am allergic to shrimp, and our waiter was super helpful and knowledgeable about every dish and its preparation, carefully steering me away from any dish that could potentially cause an allergic reaction. We found that the steamed chicken dumplings, although prepared without any fish sauce was in fact served along side a sauce that did contain fish sauce and was very kind to bring me a chicken spring roll free of charge simply because he felt bad (My 8 year old ate all the dumplings). The price was only $45, and that is with drinks and dessert. Yes, we will be going back again. It will most likely be the only asian cuisine restaurant we will visit in Waco. We've never tasted Pho before, so when it turned out to be more *fruity*? than what you get with ramen noodle bases, we were caught completely off guard, this explains the not liking the pho.
There aren't any 'American' food options, so if your guests (kids) are hoping to order off of the side menu, I would say the pork chop plate is the best you can hope for...Oh and dessert.

• Visited June 2014
“Favorite Place in Town”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I've lived in Waco for 10 years (was a Baylor student that decided to stick around) and this is hands down my favorite place to eat in town. My wife's too! The garlic chicken is our favorite dish but we also love the steamed dumplings, the spring rolls, curry clay pot, PHO!, spicy shrimp, and Nancy's special. They also have a great selection of teas, friendly staff, and fun atmosphere. Definitely worth stopping by.

“Delicious, whoelsome, traditional, home cooked food”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I love clay pot! I have been eating here for years and it is always delicious and the service is always spectacular. Love the change in the paint on the outside and the hours of operation from being closed Saturday's to being closed Mondays

• Visited March 2014
Caracas, Venezuela
“Worst service from a manager ever!!”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The food has always been below what it is valued for. I've been here three times, each one just as disappointing, I've tried the Milam vermicelli and they were BURNT!! The pho isn't real pho and the meat is disgusting, sometimes they don't even put the fish sauce. The deserts are over priced and the baklawas are way too sweet and sticky. The asian drinks and bubble teas are fine. The service is awful if you are unlucky enough to get the owner/manager to attend you, he is the worst, most bitter and unpolite man ever he once never passed bu to hive us water or offer us anythig while we waited for the food and the last time I went he demanded me to give a better tip to his waitress but in a very rude manner (and for a poorly cooked meal and underwhelming experience!), he shouted at me and constantly insulted me for a long time. Of course, I'm not returning. If you plan to go, tip big (even if service sucks, and the manager is your waiter) and hope your meal isn't terrible. The decoration is nice though.

• Visited March 2014
ClayPotWaco, Public Relations Manager at Clay Pot, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
We are sorry to hear that! Your concern has been sent on to the appropriate persons. Thanks for letting us know! -Clay Pot

Been to Clay Pot? Share your experiences!