“Very Nice Zoo”
Review of Cameron Park Zoo

Cameron Park Zoo
Ranked #1 of 49 things to do in Waco
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I'd have to blame the heat for a lot of the animals not being out, otherwise a very nice zoo and very well laid out. It has one of the best snake exhibits I have seen in a long while.

All reviews
"perfect size"
in 25 reviews
"indoor exhibits"
in 13 reviews
"wide variety of animals"
"animal enclosures"
"waco area"
"orangutans"
in 33 reviews

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I disliked the heat, welcome to South Texas! Plenty to see. I was amazed at the variety of animals. They looked well cared for and in good shape. There was a group of us.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is a really awesome zoo..please take the time to visit it!! It has tons of exhibits and lots of large and small animals. I was surprised to see Lions, Elephants, Giraffes, and Buffalo. I could spend half the day walking around here. We went on a weekday and had the run of the place, so no crowds. I was with 2 - 12 year old boys (normally hard to please), and they both mentioned how great this zoo was. I can't wait to go back...

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Waco has renovated and enlarged the animal viewing ares.

Easy access and mostly shaded for enjoying even in the summer heat.

The grandkids love going, and we love watching them!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We went during the week so it would be less crowded. My husband and I took our time and strolled through the exhibits. It was really hot, so by the middle of the day a lot of the animals were going further back and finding shade, so they were harder to see. The trails were all paved, so everything is accessible with stroller, wheelchair. Very well kept, plenty of places to sit and rest, lots of shady spots.Young or old, I recommend this zoo.

Been to Cameron Park Zoo? Share your experiences!