“Loyal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Waco/Mall Area TX

Super 8 Waco/Mall Area TX
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Waco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Brownwood
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The room was supposed to be a handicap room and the only thing that was handicap was the toliet was raised, the handicap seat and i think it was a rail of sime sort (that wouldnt have even fit in shower) were taken apart and just thrown in the corner. The plug in's at the sink did not work even after i tried to reset it. The tv was all fuzzy at the top and seemed to be going out. The desk clerk that i went to tell about all this in morning was kinda rude in the aspect that he kept telling me i should have reset the plug even after i told him i tried and it wouldnt work, the coffee pot didnt work. the hand held shower head didnt work, the handi cap parking had a basketball goal set where the ramp was so it was hard to park there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Christy E
BKPatel, General Manager at Super 8 Waco/Mall Area TX, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
We value your feedback of our hotel, and are sorry you had such a disappointing experience.
I do apoligize if your room did not meet your expectations, but the room does meet the ADA standards. Important details should not be overlooked, and we strive to make every guest feel comfortable. Please call directly if you have any further concerns to address.
BK Patel
254.776.3194
Humboldt, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I called a week ahead and asked if they had a room with a recliner, as my wife has slept in a recliner for 6 years after she had her hip replaced and now just had both knees replaced just 2 months ago, and they said they did. I didn't make a reservation then as I wasn't sure when we would be there. The day before we needed a room I called again and they said yes they had rooms with recliners, so I told them I needed a room with a recliner as my wife could not sleep in a bed., so I give them my credit card number and told them to save me a room because we may get in Late and save the room for us. We got there early. about 4:30 pm and they didn't have a
room for us with a recliner, Couldn't find another motel with a recliner, so went back and took what they had, big mistake.My wife couldn't get any rest so after being awake until 4 am we checked out and slept in the car. If they would told us ahead that they didn't have a room we wanted we could made other plans.
In my opinion this was just poor management on their part just to rent another room ended pu paying for a room we couldn't use as the bill for the room showed up on my credit account

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 189Harold189
BKPatel, General Manager at Super 8 Waco/Mall Area TX, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
To help me address your review of our property: I have sent a message to you,(through TripAdvisor), to further clarify information, and resolve your dissatifaction with your room. We have never had recliners in our guest rooms, and do not mislead guests with false information about the services we do provide. We strive to please our guests, and our staff is well trained on what our guest rooms offer. You may contact me directly at 254.776.3194 at your convenience. BK Patel

Travelers are raving about these Waco hotels

Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was on a tight budget for this stay so I was just looking for a safe and clean hotel room. I found the Super 8 to be quiet and clean. What worried me the most was the condition of the door to the room. The frame and the lock were in poor condition. The lock didn't lock tightly and allowed the door to move in and out.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

BKPatel, General Manager at Super 8 Waco/Mall Area TX, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for commenting on the value of our hotel. The special two night rate of $88.88 helps the traveler on a budget. Even though we are affordable, we pride ourselves on keeping our property clean & well-maintained. We were unaware of any problems during your stay, or we would have resolved them immediately. The issue you experienced with your door have been addressed, thank you for bringing it to our attention. We hope to see you on your next trip to Waco, Texas.
BK Patel