“Baylor game”

Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Garrison Texas
“Baylor game”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed at this Super 8 in Waco because the other hotel that we usually stayed at was full. It is conveniently located to several restaurants. Since we were seeing my son at Baylor and attending a Baylor football game, it was very easy to get around Waco. One of the malls is close by. We stayed at this hotel when it was originally a Best Western. It is much improved with the change.

Room Tip: We stayed on an upper floor and there seemed to be less noice.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Jeri Lynn W
BKPatel, General Manager at Super 8 Waco/Mall Area TX, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you Jeri Lynn W for your review of our property. We strive to provide clean, affordable lodging for our guests while visiting Waco, Texas, and are delighted you we satisfied with Super 8 Waco Mall. We would enjoy serving your lodging needs upon your next trip. Please call us for any reservations you may need; we will be happy to once again provide lodging while visiting Waco, or attending Baylor games.
Thank you for taking the time to help other travelers make lodging choices,
B.K. Patel
254.776.3194

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

I booked a "smoking" room for May 18th thru May 21st. The overall service of the staff was fine, and so was the breakfast. However the bottom of my feet turned black from walking on the carpet the first evening! I don't mean they got a little dirty! They turned black! Also the bed was clearly low quality and hard. I would have changed hotels, but I prepaid. I just went back to Waco for another visit on July 12th thru the 16th and there was no way I was going to stay here again! I booked a beautiful, modern and clean room, with an amazing bed at the Ramada for the same price!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
BKPatel, General Manager at Super 8 Waco/Mall Area TX, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you ShirlzWorld for your constructive criticism regarding Super 8 Waco Mall. I will certainly address the issues stated to better improve the hotel for future guests.
The carpets are professionally cleaned on a regular schedule, but I will be revising that in light of your honest feedback.
I offer my apologies for the dissatisfaction you experienced while a guest at our hotel. I would have attempted to resolve any problems, at any time during your three day stay, if they been brought to my attention.
Myself, and the staff at Super 8 Waco Mall are committed to providing a clean and affordable lodging to all guests. We take seriously the valid opinions expressed by guests through
Trip Advisor.

Travelers are raving about these Waco hotels

Marshall, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

I have stayed at many motels in this area and this is by far the best in service, quality and value! The staff is exceptional and rooms are great. Plenty of places close by too. The manager here does a great job and the lady who was at the front desk is just the best! I never have a problem here. Pool is always clean and nice and the wifi works!! I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Kris C
, General Manager at Super 8 Waco/Mall Area TX, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you Kris for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted to continue providing affordable lodging on your next trip to Waco, Texas. Our returning guests are the best compliment of the quality service we strive to mantain.
We look forward to seeing you soon. Once again, thank you for recognizing our efforts.
Eddystone, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed with our two boys 7yrs and 9yrs and everything was great. Our dog charlie a fox terrier was comfortable and so were we. My kids loved the pool because its only 4ft at the ends and 4.5 ft in the middle, they could play without worrying about the deep end. The room was very clean and the free wifi worked great. I would recommend to business people and family alike.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Jeff R
BKPatel, General Manager at Super 8 Waco/Mall Area TX, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor. The reviews, and comments are useful in providing future guests with information about our lodging facilities.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Waco, Texas.
Thank you for choosing Super 8 Waco Mall.
Waukesha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was very nice, clean and quite. We arrived without a reservation but still got a goog rate. The host- Mr. Patel, was very accommodating and provide the extra towels and pillows we asked for.

The pool is small but the water was sparkling and refreshingly cool despite the June temperatures being in the 90's.

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank CaptainOzone
BKPatel, General Manager at Super 8 Waco/Mall Area TX, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property with positive input for further guests.
We will continue to provide quality, affordable lodging on your return to Waco area.
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

This was my second stay at this motel and we found all to be in order...the bed was a little soft but comfortable for me. Wifi worked great. Even a light on the ceiling instead of just lamps throughout the room. We pulled in and I asked the rate and was told $59.95 plus tax. I asked about an AARP rate and was told this was a special rate and better than the AARP rate. When I look at rooms available online now, I see the $59.95, but enter AARP and the rate changes to $47.96. Hmmm, I'll let you be the judge of that. We were the only one at breakfast when we were there and found no line at the waffle iron with plenty of waffle mix to be excellent. No eggs or meats, but cereal, yogurt, and breads were available.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Wichitadave
BKPatel, General Manager at Super 8 Waco/Mall Area TX, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We enjoy seeing guests return to our hotel, and try to make every stay pleasant.
Please bring to our atttention any published promotion which you may view online. We will make every effort to honor the room rate for the room type, and dates you may need lodging.
We appreciate your business, and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Waco.

Pflugerville, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful, the Hotel is undergoing some great changes a new and larger Breakfast room. The rooms were spacious and clean, the maid service kept us in all the amenties we needed. I reccomend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay and play in Waco Texas.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Chas8018
BKPatel, Manager at Super 8 Waco/Mall Area TX, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. We appreciate you took the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Waco.
GM