“Still OK”

Super 8 Waco/Mall Area TX
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Waco
“Still OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

This was my second stay at this motel and we found all to be in order...the bed was a little soft but comfortable for me. Wifi worked great. Even a light on the ceiling instead of just lamps throughout the room. We pulled in and I asked the rate and was told $59.95 plus tax. I asked about an AARP rate and was told this was a special rate and better than the AARP rate. When I look at rooms available online now, I see the $59.95, but enter AARP and the rate changes to $47.96. Hmmm, I'll let you be the judge of that. We were the only one at breakfast when we were there and found no line at the waffle iron with plenty of waffle mix to be excellent. No eggs or meats, but cereal, yogurt, and breads were available.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Wichitadave
BKPatel, General Manager at Super 8 Waco/Mall Area TX, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We enjoy seeing guests return to our hotel, and try to make every stay pleasant.
Please bring to our atttention any published promotion which you may view online. We will make every effort to honor the room rate for the room type, and dates you may need lodging.
We appreciate your business, and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Waco.

Ramesh Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Pflugerville, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful, the Hotel is undergoing some great changes a new and larger Breakfast room. The rooms were spacious and clean, the maid service kept us in all the amenties we needed. I reccomend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay and play in Waco Texas.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Chas8018
BKPatel, Manager at Super 8 Waco/Mall Area TX, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. We appreciate you took the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Waco.
Ramesh Patel
GM
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

We stayed two nights for Baylor's Homecoming. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable and the staff was accommodating. The room was old but nothing was broken. The walls were thin so we could hear the neighbors walking above and people talking outside the door. The door needed weather-proofing (could see light coming through on the top and bottom of the door. Also the vending machines were empty. Breakfast was basic but the muffin, banana and sweet roll I had were good. Nice stay overall but better hotels in town.

Lesson Learn: confirm any changes to reservations directly with the hotel. We called the Super 8 800 number to cancel one of the two rooms we had reserved for the Super 8 by Baylor. We confirmed by phone and by the website that they only cancelled only one of our rooms. However, when we arrived at the Baylor Super 8, they showed that we had cancelled both rooms. The clerk checked with the 800 number and they still showed that we had a reservation but the hotel did not so they had given away our room. The clerk was very nice and made us a reservation at the Super 8 by the mall in Waco for a better rate.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor and it was loud. Pick an upstairs room so you cannot hear the people...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
BKPatel, General Manager at Super 8 Waco/Mall Area TX, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Thank you for reviewing our property on TripAdvisor.
We will address any issues encountered during your stay. We do appreciate the comments about our property, and the tips for future guests.
north Dallas, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

This was the first time I stayed at this Super 8 property here in Waco -- I have previously stayed in the other property closer to the University. I was traveling with two friends and we needed three separate rooms but check-in was fast and efficient. The front desk clerk remembered to tell us the password for the wifi without having to ask. My king room was clean, comfortable, and surprisingly spacious. The wifi worked well, there was even a microwave and small fridge. The free breakfast was about average for a budget motel -- I didn't see fresh fruit but maybe I just missed it. My only complaints would be that the tv did not have a sleep timer and the toilet did not seem to work effectively (though it was operating). When I am in town I am usually only spending a few hours here to sleep overnight so I look for something cheap, clean, and decent -- this met those requirements. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank TG64
BKPatel, General Manager at Super 8 Waco/Mall Area TX, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor. We will continue to provide the service expected of our guests. Once again, we appreciate the comments, and reviews of our guests.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

The lady who checked us in was friendly and helpful. She provided suggestions and recommendations and directions to places we wanted to go. We were provided a bag with snacks...nice touch. The motel was clean, comfortable and quiet. Nice stay that provided the rest needed to hit the road again the next day.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Wichitadave
BKPatel, General Manager at Super 8 Waco/Mall Area TX, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
We will continue to provide clean, affordable lodging.
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

I got put up in this motel due to work at my apt. It was nice and cozy and the room was surprisingly clean. I was disappointed however in the breakfast!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank Sadie D
BKPatel, General Manager at Super 8 Waco/Mall Area TX, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
We thank you for taking the time to post a review about our property. We will continue to provide our guests with clean, affordable lodging.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2010

My husband and I were not leaving for our honeymoon until the Monday after our Saturday wedding, and since we were trying NOT to spend our wedding night in the same house with my children, one of my college friends, and my sister, we went to a nearby motel. This one.

It may seem like a strange and unromantic choice, but as long as there weren't 4 other people in the room with us, it would be fine, we thought.

And it was. The guy who checked us in gave us a bag with snacks and bottled water, the room was clean, there was a microwave and minifridge, it was all comfortable, totally quiet, and the manager was on duty in the morning when we checked out - really friendly. Overall, it was a lovely motel - no honeymoon suite, but good for a night away.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple