“Great place to celebrate a special occasion”
Review of 135 Prime

135 Prime
Ranked #24 of 408 Restaurants in Waco
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2014

The restaurant is lovely, the wait staff is very professional and for the most part the food is very good. We were seated right away, although not at the table our party organizer chose when she made the reservation. One person in our party was partially in an aisle so people had to squeeze behind him to get by. The house dinner salad is probably the best choice, as my Caesar was very bland and a disappointment. Everyone at the table raved about their meals and I loved mine. I chose the Simply Fish, where you choose a seafood, how it is cooked and what the accompaniment is. I went with sauteed sea bass over sauteed spinach. It was cooked perfectly and lightly seasoned so that the fish flavor really shined. The wine list is extensive and we had a very nice Mertage. The table shared a slice of cheesecake that was wonderful. All in all a great experience, but very expensive. We would only go back for a special occasion. A very special occasion.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

First of all, the food was great! The gulf shrimp I had were wonderful! I was not, however, impressed with the atmosphere since concrete floors are not my first choice. Prices were high, but I was expecting that. What really turned me off initially though was "the game" of "Do you have a reservation?" We did not, and therefore they searched and searched to accommodate us, even though the seating on our side of the restaurant was only half full during the ENTIRE time we were dining. We almost left before we were seated, but since the food turned out to be so good, I was glad we stayed and put up with the Attitude.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

The welcome was warm and the bar area is great for early arrivals to share a drink. My salad was fantastic, and the filet was tender and succulent with just the right amount of pepper. Dessert was also great ( I had the crème broulet ).

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Come hungry and plan on staying a while. This is Waco's best answer to fine dining. Great atmosphere in a very laid back setting. If you are looking for "running in for a quick bite" you got the wrong location. This is a place where the average meal covers at least 1 hour. Remember, they have private parking in the back.
NOTE: This place is a favorite place for Baylor parents when they come to town to see their 'little darling". If its a football weekend, reservations are helpful.

1  Thank wacotravel
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Best "Nice" restaurant in Waco. Trouble finding a parking spot; go around back to private parking. Steaks are prime; Veal wonderful; Sea Bass a la Prime is out of this world. Great appetizers. Especially good martinis.
Looking for a bargain, try happy hour specials - 5:00 - 6:30.

2  Thank Ray P

Been to 135 Prime? Share your experiences!