“Overpriced and Lacking Refinement”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of 135 Prime

135 Prime
Ranked #18 of 380 Restaurants in Waco
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
burton, texas
“Overpriced and Lacking Refinement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Expecting a "Fine Dining" experience, we were sadly disappointed. The wait staff needs more training and sophistication. Waiters shouldn't be shouting out their questions while standing behind a customer. Also, the kitchen noise was distracting. In general, this place is not for quiet dining. We've had more attention and better service in the Elite Cafe. The food was OK, but the lettuce in Caesar salad was wilted and the dressing tasteless.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank merlinh

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“We would not recommend this restaurant......”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

The restaurant was nice and cozy, the food was fair, the service was very poor. We arrived there at 8:30 pm and did not receive our entree's until around 10:30, at that time my son had just recieved his ice tea that he ordered when we were first seated. My son (17) asked about how much longer will it take for the food to come out, our waiter who was more disturbed than we told us that "this is not McDonalds" that insult could have been kept. His service was very, very poor, his attitude poor. My husband ordered seabass and he received fish but the seabass????? My shrimp and scallops we luke warm and my son's food was ok but warm not hot. We look for high end restaurants when we travel, this one should be rated no higher than a 2 overall. One good thing, another patron forewarned us that we will be there a while just like they were.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Belinda B
Waco, Texas
“One Thirty Five”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

The food was really good but way overpriced. We wanted an elegant quiet dinner and thought this would be the place. Instead, we had TVs in the dining room!

North Houston, Texas
“Birthday dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

My hubby and son took me here for my birthday. Elegant atmosphere. Price is expensive but definitely worth the money. My son enjoyed the Steak and crab. He stated that the tenderloin melted in his mouth. I had the crab stuffed shrimp. It was delightful. The presentation was beautiful. My husband had the Chocolate Tower. It was a hughe piece of cake. It could be shared by four. We took it home. The Cream Brulee was excellent. Nice crisp top with a creamy custard. It was a great evening

Waco, Texas
“Very enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

My party of 4 was celebrating an upcoming trip to Ireland. We did Jameson shots, talked too loud and laughed excessively. Our waitress was tolerant, kind and did a wonderful job with our demanding orders. The food was...good, I think. Hope I gave her a big tip. Look out Dublin. Here comes Joe fish!!

• Visited August 2012

Been to 135 Prime? Share your experiences!