“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 1424 Bistro

1424 Bistro
Ranked #88 of 380 Restaurants in Waco
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: "Waco's home for good food, wine and conversation" Not only is the food wonderful but 1424 offers a full bar. Now 1424 offers fresh seafood too!Hours of Operation: Tuesday-Saturday 5pm to 10pm and Sunday for Lunch 11am to 2pm and Dinner 5pm to 9pm!
Waco, Texas
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Chef is great, always knows what's fresh, and won't push something just to get it moved. Highly recommend!

• Visited February 2014

Texas
“Consistenly Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Have only tried the Greek dishes, but they have always been good. One of the few non-chain restaurants in Waco.

• Visited September 2013
Spring Branch, Texas
“A new pace to go in Waco”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

My wife and I are in Waco at least twice a year for the Annual Sessions of my fraternity. After years and years of eating at the same old restaurants, we decided to try this bistro located about 8 blocks from the Masonic Grand Lodge building.

We had considered visiting 1424 on a previous stay, but because I am limited in mobility, had decided not to deal with the parking. To my delight, we discovered that there was good parking on the property. It just can't be seen from the street.

The first item was our appetizer which was escargot in a sauce which was delicious. If you don't like extracting them from the shells, try it this way.My wife is a nut for scallops and to her delight, they have an Orange Vermouth Scallops entree that is really wonderful. I had the seafood plate that was great. It was a little pricey, but it keeps the Baylor babies out if there.

We do plan to start through the menu on our next visit.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank VEPGHP09
Central Texas
“Great all round”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have been to 1424 both for lunch and dinner. With business associates, friends, and just with my wife. I have sat indoors and out. While outdoors is not scenic, it is enjoyable with pleasant background music and good service. Indoors, the atmosphere is quaint and comfortable.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank bsbost
Waco, Texas, United States
“1424”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

The menu is diverse, and the food is great. There are a few great wines on the wine list that I have tried, and I have not tried all of them, but the wine list looks pretty diverse.

• Visited December 2013