“Waco's secret dining jewel”
Review of 1424 Bistro

1424 Bistro
Ranked #91 of 411 Restaurants in Waco
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: "Waco's home for good food, wine and conversation" Not only is the food wonderful but 1424 offers a full bar. Now 1424 offers fresh seafood too!Hours of Operation: Tuesday-Saturday 5pm to 10pm and Sunday for Lunch 11am to 2pm and Dinner 5pm to 9pm!
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This establishment doesn't get much attention, but has become one of our favorites in Waco. It appears recent renovations have opened up a large new room, and it looks great. More important is the great food and good wine selections. Tortilla soup is amazing goodly, from a Greek chef? Go figure, but it is great. Last visit we had the Crawfish etoufee, and it was ALMOST as good as what we find in New Orleans. Next visit I plan to try the fresh seafood, which for Waco (250 miles from the Gulf coast) will be a treat! :)

The outside appearance is somewhat deceiving. Ignore that, and once you walk in the patio doors you will enter a fine dining experience that will be enjoyed.

2  Thank TRAWhitney_Texas

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We love this place for the patio, the service the atmosphere , the wine but I find the food to over priced the portions small for the price but I have found ways around the price by ordering appetizers We love this place and will continue to go. Always helpful courteous wait staff.
My wife has different feeling about the food so maybe it's just me.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

My wife and I have enjoyed 1424 Bistro in the past, but it seems that their quality has slipped based on our last trip (with her parents). 1424 has positioned itself at the higher end of the dining spectrum in Waco in terms of cuisine and ambiance. It's still a neat place, but the food was average to poor - certainly not worth the money. The entrees are uninteresting and virtually everything we ordered was basic Sysco-like restaurant supply fare. For the price and the hype, they should do better.

1  Thank Hoov3r
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I went here with an out of town friend. My portabello came cold,and I had to send it back to be heated. It was set in the middle of the plate with no garnish, fruit or anything; poor plating. My friend's sandwich had chips and they were plain & appeared to come out of a bag. This is supposed to be a high class restaurant, and we thought the chips would be homemade or least the nicer kettle type. I have no desire to return.

1  Thank Anyark1
Reviewed June 15, 2012

1424 was recommended to us and did not disappoint. The food was excellent and the service was very good. Nice place for a cozy meal.

1  Thank Kayelem