“Disappointing” 2 of 5 bubbles

Longhorn Steakhouse
Ranked #49 of 378 Restaurants in Waco
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Waco, Texas
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

We went two times, and each time they said they were out of the yellow beet salad/vegetable dish. My pet peeve...having something on the menu and always being out of it. The second night it was only 7 pm on a Monday night....not really busy. But the worst part was that they didn't say anything to us until they actually brought our dinner to the table...THEN they said..."oh... by the way... we are out of the yellow beet salad, would you like something else?," as they set half our tables' meals down without any vegetable sides. My plate had salmon and nothing else on the plate. We had to ask for new menus, then quickly chose a side we didn't really want, then waited while our dinners got cold for the newly selected sides. Then we got our sides.. which were extremely boring selections of bland, under cooked mixed vegetables, that were so undercooked they we raw and cold. I think they took them out of the refrigerator and set them on a plate. The wait staff and management tried to act like it was beyond their control, and hinted it might be our fault for showing up so late (7 pm). We were there with 5 people for one person's birthday, and it really ruined the birthday celebration. The salmon was bland and so overcooked and dry that it stuck in my throat and I had to escape to the ladies room for fear of throwing up in the dinning room. I never was able to finish the meal. We will NEVER go back!

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Texas
“Really Good Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stopped by one evening just to try out Longhorn Steakhouse. It was not a special occasion, so we were not looking to spend a lot. However, the menu offered some excellent choices at moderate prices as well as more expensive items. We enjoyed the food and the service. We also splurged on their chocolate [something] dessert, and it was wonderful! We ate and ate and then took the rest of it home.

The atmosphere was very good; we especially liked the decor. Also, it was not so loud that we had to shout at each other across the table as is the case with some restaurants. (Get a clue people. Your servers may like the loud music because they are all under 30; but your patrons may not.) Longhorn Steakhouse was excellent for a couple's evening or an evening with friends. We will certainly go back!

This is another good Waco restaurant where we will definitely return, and we will also recommend it to friends.

Visited April 2014
Fort Worth, Texas
“Food was not great and expensive.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

This a new chain in Waco so we went. I had high hopes but the food was terrible. My steak was burnt and there was so much juice in my plate. The presentation on my plate was not pleasant to look at. It looked unappetizing. The service was slow but what do you expect when a restaurant first opens. It took forever to get more water so we asked for multiple cups of water. My steak was bland. No special flavor and the brown gravy was awful. I might have ordered the wrong thing. My boyfriend got Flo's cut which was supposed to be phenomenal and it didn't have any flavor like mine. Nothing special and we overpaid. This was ridiculous. 45 bucks for 6 ounce steaks that have no taste. Probably won't be back.

• Visited April 2014