“Great Specialty Tacos” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Torchy's Tacos

Torchy's Tacos
Ranked #4 of 378 Restaurants in Waco
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Waco
“Great Specialty Tacos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

If you want great specialty tacos at a reasonable price, Torchy's Taco on 5th Street near Baylor is the ticket. Pork, Chicken, Beef, and Fish, they all have their own unique Taco with unique ingredients. This is NOT Tex-Mex; think street tacos with a creative twist. My only complaint is their soft drink selection - no bueno! They only serve some third world selection with brands names unheard that fall below the quality of the food. Get water, tea, or adult beverages, but if you for soda lower your expectations. Try a Mr. Pink taco...delicioso!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Robert H

Kansas City, Missouri
“Ah-maz-ing!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

We stopped for lunch while travelling through Texas. Food was great. Enjoyed the different menu items. The clerk helped me choose something geared to my food sensitivities. I would definitely go back the next time I am in the area.

• Visited August 2014
“Queso Dip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

I was hesitant to go here because everyone said how expensive it was but I found my the portebello taco so large I didn't need more than one. I also ordered the queso and it was delicious! Many reviews have complained about the staff and I wonder if they have worked out all the kinks from just opening because I found the staff to be very helpful and nice. I would go again in a heartbeat!

Visited July 2014
Dallas, Texas, United States
“torched the cashier”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

Tacos were a bit pricy bit they are big portions & a ton of choices. Fried avacado taco was good but way to many refried beans inside, brisket & Jalapeno taco was good. Black Beans were like mashed black potatoes, gross, not what I expected. Food was fast & tasted good. With the only human contact with your staff basically the cashier, I would strongly urge you to hire someone who could, Oh I don't know, SMILE!! I hear that the next door taco bell is hiring (lol).See you soon, hope you have friendlier cashier next time

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Longview, Texas
“Hard to review”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Torch's doesn't fit any niche for Mexican or taco restaurants. Food was good. Service was good. Atmosphere is ok. So, why was I not completely happy with my meal? Not sure, just didn't work for me.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Been to Torchy's Tacos? Share your experiences!