“Excellent room for the value”

Red Roof Inn - Waco
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed at the Victorian Inn while attending the Wade Bowen Classic and were very pleased with the room. The King size bed was very comfortable, the room was clean and the air conditioner kept the room very cool even with Texas heat. The room smelled fresh instead of stale like some I've stayed. I would definitely stay here again if I am in the area. This is an older motel but well maintained. Great value for the price charged.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sheryl C
tpatel08, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn - Waco, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Dear Sheryl C, the Victorian Inns Waco would like to take the time to say Thank You for choosing us as your choice of stay during your duration in Waco, as well as providing feedback regarding your stay. We work hard to ensure all guest have a satisfactory stay and your feedback will allow us to better ourselves as well allow future guest to expect the same satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you again if your ever in Waco!

Once again, Thank You, The Victorian Inns Waco Staff!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

This was a great little budget hotel, and despite being right off the highway, we heard no noise while staying there.

Our only complaint was that the breakfast was extremely paltry (a small amount of little pastries and three mini bagels with a small basket of 4 oranges in a corner), so don't expect to get a great value there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank LauraMurcielaga
tpatel08, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn - Waco, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear LauraMurcielaga, The Victorian Inns Waco would like to take the time to say thank you for staying with us! We would also like to take the time to say thank you for providing feedback for as we are continuously working to ensure all guest stay are above guest satisfactory. We hope to see you again if your ever in Waco.

Thanks, The Victorian Inns Waco Management!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We booked our trip about 3 months in advance so we were able to get a pretty good rate of about $60 per night. Considering it was a Baylor graduation weekend (reason for the trip) I thought the rate was really good. The room was nice and for the most part clean. Here and there we found a little dirt and dust but nothing too crazy.

There were no towels in the room when we arrived, no ashtray and the phone did not work. It was just a bit annoying to make multiple trips to the front office. I found a coupon for free late check out which allowed us to check out at 1:00 p.m. as opposed to 11:00 a.m. which was perfect for us. I just didn't like that the hotel did not provide me confirmation in writing that the fee would be waived for my records. It's a small, probably family owned property so I guess it comes with the territory.

Staff was very pleasant and nice to deal with. The location was awesome as well. Down town was a stone throw away and the Baylor campus was within 3 minutes. My major complaint was that they advertise free Wifi but there is only one router in the office so the further you are the weaker your signal. So make sure if you are there on business that you request a room near the office.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Candy V

Dear Candy V, The Victorian Inns Waco Team would like to say thank you for choosing us as your choice of stay during your time in Waco. We truly appreciate the feedback and we will strive to make to proper adjustments needed to ensure all guest receive guest satisfactory stays! We hope you will chose us as your choice of stay if you are passing through Waco again, and look forward to seeing you.

Thank You, The Victorian Inns Waco Management!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I was in Waco for a an event being held at the Waco convention center. The large hotels right next too the convention center had higher rates than I was interested in paying - especially since I really only needed to sleep in the room and planned to be out most of the day. I was delighted with Victorian Inns for this stay!

The hotel is less than 1 mile from the convention center and you **could** easily walk as there is a sidewalk the entire way - I chose not too given the rain and times I needed to walk.

The room was very nice inside - vastly superior to what I expected for a hotel in this price range - everything was clean and very comfortable. I especially liked have a refrigeration with separate freezer compartment. It was so nice to be able to come back at the end of a very long day and have some foods to eat (I am not crazy about the restaurant choices in Waco!)

I did not have a chance to try the breakfast although I did run in and get some coffee one morning. It looked pretty much as others have described. It looked to have bread for toast and some cereals - fine for a basic breakfast but don't expect anything fancy.

Note that this hotel IS right off the highway so yes, there is some traffic noise. I turned the fan on in my room because it was a bit stuffy and found the white noise from the fan was enough to smooth out any traffic noise. Unless you are really really sensitive to any background noise, I don't think the traffic noise should be prohibitive!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Alijbro
tpatel08, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn - Waco, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Dear Alijbro, The Victorian Inns Waco Team would like to say thank you for choosing us at your choice of hospitality stay during your duration in Waco, Texas. We also appreciate your providing feedback regarding your stay! We v into consideration all guest reviews and try to find ways to enchance each guest stay! We look forward to seeing you again if your in Waco.

Thank You, The Victorians Inn Waco Management!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Location:
This motel is conveniently located at IH35 and South Martin Luther King Jr Blvd/Lake Brazos Pkwy, at the Brazos River, which makes it close to Baylor, local museums and downtown Waco. It is accessible from the southbound frontage road of IH35 and from northbound lanes of South Martin Luther King Jr Blvd (heading toward downtown Waco, away from Baylor).

The Room:
We were in their handicap room with a king bed, a non-smoking room. (They also have a handicap room with two double beds, which may have been next to ours.) There are two reserved parking spaces together, one being in front of our door. The spaces are not much wider than regular parking spaces. Our room was clean and may have had fairly new carpet and fresh paint (except for door frames). The only problem with odor is mentioned below, under “The Bad.” The refrigerator was a two door, with a separate freezer. It was obviously several years old, but worked just fine, as did the microwave and TV. There was plenty of room on both sides of the very comfortable bed and in the bathroom – I think someone in a regular-size wheelchair would not have too many problems in this room. The only chair provided was an executive-type desk chair with wheels. The bathroom had a separate bath bench that could be placed in the tub, if needed. We used it for extra seating when some friends stopped by to visit. The bathroom door is a pocket door, which was a nice touch I've not seen anywhere else. The wireless service worked great, but is unprotected. There was highway noise, but it wasn't bad and was mostly drowned out by the AC unit.

The Service:
Service was great. I had forgotten to ask for extra sheets (needed for my son), and didn't remember until around 10pm. The staff member that assisted with this need was polite and friendly, even at that late hour. Their complementary breakfast was served from 7:30-10:30am. Breakfast Saturday morning was fruit, muffins, breakfast burritos, bread (toaster provided), and two types of flake cereals. Also, milk and coffee. There was also margarine and jelly for the toast, but no knives for spreading. Otherwise, they had everything needed. Considering the very reasonable room rates, this breakfast was quite sufficient.

The Bad:
- The parking space may not be wide enough for someone in a wheelchair.
- As someone else noted, the coffee decanter in the breakfast room appeared to not have been washed in quite some time.
- The TV remote didn't work. It didn't bother us, so I didn't report it to the office until we checked out.
- The light over the toilet and tub also has a fan that comes on when it is turned on – the fan makes the room smell sour. We didn't use that light. Otherwise, the room smelled fine.
- Temporary: construction going on very near the motel creating access road bridges across the river along I35, plus construction of a new stadium for Baylor university. More on that here: [--]

None of “the bad” things bothered us – but some people might want to know. The Victorian Inns Waco was a very nice place to stay at a very reasonable price. We would stay there again. I posted seven pictures - hope they are helpful.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Calichiranch
tpatel08, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn - Waco, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear Calichiranch, The Victorian Inns Waco would like to take the time to say Thank You for choosing us as your choice of hospitality stay during your duration in Waco, Texas. We are glad your stay was satisfactory and hope each stay becomes better and better. We are already working on the issues you had concerns with to ensure all guest have satisfactory stay! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Thank you, The Victorian Inns Waco Staff!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I highly recommend this motel. The breakfast wasn't much but that's not too important to me. As long as I get fed something, then that's fine. The bed was so soft and comfy. I slept from around 9 pm to 9 am and still could have stayed in that bed longer. And a very affordable price. Very friendly people also.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Wendy D
tpatel08, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn - Waco, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Wendy D, The Victorian Inns Waco would like to thank you for choosing us as your choice of hospitality stay during your duration in Waco. We are pleased to know your stay was satisfactory and would like to thank you for providing feedback about your stay. The staff will continue to work hard to ensure all guest stays are beyond satisfactory. We hope to see you again if your traveling through Waco and feel free just to stop by just to say hello!

Thank you - Victorian Inns Waco Management!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

The staff is pleasant; however, the rooms are untidy. The rooms need renovating and the rooms smell of smoke. My room could use a really good disinfectant and the coffee pot looked as if it had not been cleaned in a while. The person that cleaned the room did not replenish cups and probably cleaned the room in about 10 minutes from the way she made the bed.The breakfast was substandard even for a continental breakfast. I was disappointed in the hotel. Small bathrooms and horrible furnishings. I would not stay here again unless all other rooms are booked in the city.

Room Tip: Rooms are all close to hwy. My non-smoking room smelled like smoke anyway.