“Excellent Mediterranean!”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
“Excellent Mediterranean!”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The food was very flavorful and the prices were reasonable. For $31, my husband and I got the chicken kabobs (chicken/vegetable skewer, rice, 2 sides), a Gyro (with fries), pita and hummus, baklava, a fried cherry pie, and 2 teas. The chicken and veggie skewers were grilled perfectly and served with a homemade yogurt dipping sauce. The gyro was huge and loaded with meats. The baklava was perfectly sweet and full of nuts. Overall the value was great, and we'd recommend this restaurant for anyone, especially those wanting to get out of the chain restaurant routine and see other areas of Waco. The neighborhood here is looking great too.

• Visited July 2014

Drexel Hill, PA
“Great Mediterranean Food in...Waco?”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Great Mediterranean food in an unassuming building, in an unassuming section of an unexpected city.

Following Yelpers, and not wanting too heavy a lunch, we settled for D's Mediterranean Grill in Waco. After driving through what appeared to be a sketchy neighborhood to what appeared to be a sketchy building, we went in and did not regret our decision.

My wife ordered a 1/2 Greek Salad and I ordered a gyro plate (with french fries).

All of the food was throroughly enjoyed by the both of us. We considered it quite a find in Waco. Thanks, Yelpers!

Everything was fresh and delicious!

• Visited July 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Good Food But Pricy!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We ordered beef and lamb kabob platers that came with 2 sides; and they were prepared just right and tasty. But for about $42 came on disposal plates and with plastic silverware. There was fly buzzing around us at our table during the entire meal. Left side of their menu consisted of typical Greek dishes and the right side was several fast food selection. We would not likely to be back again.

• Visited June 2014
Waco, Texas
“One of my favorite restaurants and different than anything in Waco”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We have been eating at D's for several years. I have never had a bad meal there. The chicken kabob plate is my favorite. It does take a while for this particular dish to be prepared. So if I am in a hurry, I order something else. All of the food is prepared by order so it is not a fast food restaurant. The owner's work in the restaurant and are very friendly. There is nothing else like this in Waco and it is refreshing to have some true ethnic food other than Mexican food as an option.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank CLF49
“Good food.”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hummus and gyros are great. My husband had the American chicken plate and said it was delicious. This is a small family owned restaurant with a few employees. The service is not fast so go prepared to enjoy your time there. It is not centrally located and the neighborhood is not one you should go to after dark. During the day it is worth the trip and the prices are very reasonable. I recommend it and will definitely return.

• Visited April 2014