“Best hotel in years”

Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Kilgore, Texas
“Best hotel in years”
Reviewed May 25, 2009

The hotel was very clean and the clerks are always courteous and helpful with any requests of guests or passersby as observed in person on my last trip. The staff always have greeted me with a broad smile and ask is there any thing else I need or want at the hotel. The hotel is close to both name brand restaurants and local favorites. Some of both are within walking distance without driving. It is close to a large university and staff is familiar with both city and the university.
I have stayed at this hotel 5 or more times in past 7 months.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Proud to be from America!
Reviewed April 16, 2009

I stayed here a few weeks ago and absolutely LOVED the hotel! The front desk staff were all very friendly and went out of their way to ensure that I had everything I needed! The breakfast is always hot and out before the 6:30 start time, which is great for those early morning travellers. They also have hot coffee and fresh fruit in the lobby, which is definately a welcome sight. I reserved a room with a King sized bed and was amazed when I walked in! Right away, the first thing I noticed was the size of the rooms. They were bigger than most of the other hotels I've ever stayed at. The sofa made out into a full-size bed, and all rooms come with a microwave and a refrigerator. One thing that people haven't commented on (or maybe didn't notice) was that the a/c unit isn't controlled by the window. There is a thermostat on the wall by the bed, which makes me feel a little more at home. It is within walking distance to a steakhouse, Tex-Mex cuisine, burgers, the famous 'Elite' grill, bbq, and some authentic Mexican food (locally owned and operated-not franchised)... The steakhouse and Tex-Mex offer a 10% discount if you show them your room key, which I thought was a nice added bonus!

I loved my stay and will definately be back!

Thank you so much for all of your help!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank l0vinlife21
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2008

Stayed here to attend an athletic event...It was extremely clean, but it was expensive. This hotel was quiet and comfortable. The continental breakfast was terrible. I don't know where else we could have stayed in Waco. They would not accept our AAA or AARP because we were staying as part of a group???? OK. It wasn't like we received a special deal, believe me. Anyway, stay here if you want a clean, comfortable room, and if you do not mind paying more than you should have to.

Location is on a "Roundabout", which was kind of a pain to get to if you overshot the hotel drive, so watch for the driveway!

• Liked — Nice big and clean rooms...very spacious!
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed July 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
VinceYoungFan, Manager at Comfort Suites Waco, responded to this review, August 9, 2008
We are glad that you found our hotel to be very clean since cleanliness is always one of our top priorities, but are sorry that you that the free breakfast experience was unsatisfactory. Was it a matter of food selection, quality of food or quality of service that you found to be below expections?

Regarding price: The "group rate" had been agreed upon by the event coordinator, which we honored throughout the stay for attendees. While portions of the stay under the "group" rate weren't much of a discount, on other nights during the event, the group rate actually provided a substantial discount from other published rates. Our hotel also provided complementary lodging for volunteers of the event, so while you may not have directly benefited in terms of a fantastic room rate, hopefully, the event was able to keep prices low for attendees as a result of our sponsorship.

We always strive to remain competitive to other hotels in the area regarding price in comparison to the quality of accommodations & service. While guests will always be able find less expensive hotels in the area then ours, we rarely charge higher than hotels that are considered substantially more luxurious in our area.

As for the traffic circle, since it is a landmark of Waco, we are happy to hear that your survived it and hopefully, over time, you will remember it as a unique experience. We hope your overall experience in Waco for the event was enjoyable. If we can help with anything further, please contact us at the hotel.
Texas
Reviewed July 18, 2007

Spent one night here on business. Pretty new building with clean and comfortable rooms - everything in good working order. Had to hard wire the free internet, but it worked well. Pool and hot tub were nice.

Typical Comfort Suites breakfast.

Decent place to stay - friendly staff.

Walk around the traffic circle and enjoy a great burger, onion rings, and shake at the Health Camp. Funny name - definitely not health food, but a good, old-fashioned drive-in type place. There are other chains very close if you have to do that.

• Liked — Clean rooms; breakfast
  • Disliked — Some noise in the evening from nearby restaurant
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
lawrenceville,ga
Reviewed June 17, 2007

I spent the past week in Texas: San Antonio, Waco and San Angelo.
I was in 4 different hotels for a total of 8 nights. As a business traveler, I am looking for a clean and especially quiet room. I am in hotels about 75 nights per year. This location was convenient and the facility itself was quite lovely. A new hotel!
The problems began at check in, when I was informed that I was being joined by youth golfing teams who were attending a clinic. I requested a top floor end room but was given a bottom floor end room because:
"the kids are golfing up and down the halls on the 2nd and 3rd floors and you do not want to be up there with them." Since I had no choice, I took my room and then listened to the exterior door
( next to my room and out to the parking lot) bang until 1:00 a.m. and start back up at 5:00 a.m. I called the front desk to inquire about the noise and was told,
"If you want to see what is going on in the upper floors, come to the front desk and view the monitor with me...I would love to come to your room and not have to watch this." WOW,, was that supposed to make me feel any better or solve my discomfort?
I received an e-mail survey from Choice,which I filled out and requested a return call. I spoke with Paula/ Survey Specialist Choice Hotels International and was told: we do not have a corporate policy about handling these problems. It is up to the hotels. I will forward your concern to the hotel. We would hope that the chaperones would recognize that the kids need to be quieter and handle it.
( NO they did not and I wonder if they even cared)
WOW....did that make me confident about staying at a Choice property in the future...no!
Summary...
If you are a light sleeper, need a full night sleep, have a baby, are elderly( an do not want to be run into), want to watch your own TV or read a book in peace, realize that there is a chance you may be booked into this hotel with the sports teams and neither the front desk ( nor corporate) has not been given the back bone to recognize that running ( or golfing) in the hallways could be distrubing other guests. It is a shame that such a nice facility is not recognizing that business travelers can be a lucrative lot.
There is certainly a chance that you may stumble on a night that is completely quiet....I am NOT willing to take that risk and will stay somewhere else!!!!

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — NOISE
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank motherjanegoose
Dallas
Reviewed February 2, 2007

This is a new hotel in Waco. The service level is refreshingly new too. I was traveling on a budget & walked into this hotel that charges about $30 more than I intended to spend. Well, the manager or sales manager happened to be there when I was about to find a place in my price range and she talked with me and took me on a tour of the hotel. She cut me a deal to meet me closer to my budget ($75 instead of the $60 I intended to spend) and did a wonderful job of making me feel welcomed and explaining how their amenities fit right in with what I was looking for (and then some). I love that this hotel has only non-smoking rooms. Rooms are reasonably spacious. Breakfast is a lot more than just a stale donut & coffee (hello waffles!). Needless to say, I will splurge at this hotel again the next time I'm in Waco.

• Liked — The treated me like a true welcomed guest instead of a just another customer.
  • Disliked — Price (hey I wanted to stay under $60)
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Godzillatron
Tulsa, OK
Reviewed September 18, 2006

Hotel was very clean (and I'm picky about clean). Free hot breakfast was good....several restaurants in walking distance; shower pressure was fantastic. Only real drawback was getting around the traffic circle, but the incredibly friend staff was helpful in getting me prepared. I love that this hotel doesn't nickel & dime you like some other "fancier" hotels. We will look no further than Comfort Suites on our return trip to Waco.

• Liked — Shower Pressure, cleanliness & staff helpfulness
  • Disliked — Would have liked more variety in fruit selection.
  • Tips/Secrets — Take a ride on Waco's traffic circle. It will remind of the Griswalds if you can't get off!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple