“All you can eat catfish. ”

George's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #4 of 392 Restaurants in Waco
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Austin
“All you can eat catfish. ”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant may not look like much but the food and service are outstanding. Our waitress informed us the specials and I decided to try the all you can eat catfish. I am not a big eater but the price was good so I went for it. I was not disappointed. The fish was quite tasty as well as the cole slaw and fries. I was not sure about the beans. They appeared to be ranch style beans but were not. They were fabulous. Kinda a combination of baked beans and ranch style. Sweet and a little spicy. Yum. I did not even finish the first portion of fish much less go for more because he first plate was "all I could eat".

Austin, Texas, USA
“The Place in Waco”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Laid back great food.. country fired steaks are the best and of course help yourself to a Georges Big O draft with some Brisket doesn't get any better Can handle a large part if needed. Not open Sundays

Visited June 2014
Waco, Texas
“Fried Nugget of Nostalgia”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

A Waco icon, George’s is really more about nostalgia than the food, but if you’re looking for a smorgasbord of artery-clogging fried food – this is the place. (There ARE a few healthy options, like salads, but that’s not really why you go to George’s.)
Every meal at George’s should begin with a basket of it’s fluffy little rolls (make sure you dip them in ranch for the full experience) and an order of the world famous Crazy Wings. Crazy Wings are balls of chicken, jalapenos and jack cheese wrapped in BACON – ‘nuff said.
For your entree, you can’t go wrong with Chicken Fried Steak (George’s is the reigning, 12-time Best of Waco champion for CFS). Add a Big O of your favorite beer (or margarita), mashed potatoes and fried okra, and you’ll be in a heavenly food coma for the rest of the evening.
For both townies and Baylor grads, George’s has always been one of those places that reminds you that you’re home.

• Visited June 2014
Longview, Texas
“Waco tradition”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I've been coming to George's for 18 years. Can't believe I never reviewed it before. There have been some changes over the years but the cold "Big O's" and good food have not changed. I like the "Big O" deck if I can get there early before the crowd assembles. When the deck is full the noise level is over the top. Even though the old original main room and the deck allows smoking they are not that bad.

• Visited July 2014
Houston
“Impressed”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

My family and I were in Waco for a nice road trip visiting the Dr Pepper museum. We ate at George's. A co-worker recommended it. I was a little skeptical. But the restaurant proved itself. They offer a variety of dishes from grilled shrimp to chicken salad. I had the strawberry chicken salad and it was delicious (and huge)! George's is definitely worth the try.