“Oh, my! Yummers!”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband had their Chicken Fried Steak and I had the Jalapeño Beef Tenderloin. Both were awesome and delicious! The server was attentive and friendly. Cannot recommend this restaurant enough!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

The restaurant is certainly nothing fancy. But the staff is nice and the food was good. I really enjoyed the barbeque sandwich with the sweet bread. The rolls were excellent. We had trouble keeping the kids from eating all of them as soon as they were brought out hot. My friend did not like her salad, it tasted a little funny. But they were nice to take it back and not charge her. Overall it was good.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

If you are in Waco, you must eat one meal at George's. the original location was recommended by the Texas Golf Trail Concierge and it was great. This is not fancy, it's just good and the atmosphere is authentic to say the least. The fried pickles are a must appetizer. They slice them small like bottle caps and not too much batter. The chicken fried steak , beef quesadillas, and the brisket tacos are all to die for. Must have a "Big O" beer while you are there. It comes in a frozen mug and is just what the doctor ordered after being in the Texas heat all day. It was so good I got the tee shirt!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Interesting local place recommended by the front desk person at my hotel. They have three big rooms...one for family style dining that is no smoking, one that is a dark bar atmosphere with a reserved older group, and one that has windows and a livelier bar crowd.

Beer, I think, is what they specialize in. Cold mugs and low prices. Because they proudly display that they have been voted to have the best chicken fried steak in Waco for years, that is what I ordered. It was vey good, but I should have ordered the large. The small was, well, small. I am used to getting "small" chicken fried steaks that practically cover the plate.

Service was reasonable.

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I ordered seafood my husband chopped steak. Both were great! We were very pleased with our orders and the value.