“Great food, great service!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Diamondback's

Diamondback's
Ranked #21 of 378 Restaurants in Waco
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: DiamondBack's is a fine dining establishment in downtown Waco specializing in hand-cut steaks, fresh seafood and a full sushi menu. We also offer happy hour every Monday to Wednesday from 4pm to 7pm and Thursdays from 4pm to 10pm.
Katy, Texas
“Great food, great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We went on a Friday night, early. It got really crowded fast though! We each had seafood, and it was delicious, considering this is more of a steak place. The service was excellent!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank collegemom13

Austin, Texas
“Great dinner while passing through town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We were driving from Dallas to Austin, and were looking for something other then fast food.... so we drove towards downtown Waco figuring we'd find something nicer... and sure enough. We ended up at Diamond Back's on a Saturday night, and no problems getting a table for 3. Service started a little slow... the waiter was helping a larger party and they seemed to keep him busy.... but once he finally came to our table, the service was great. He was very responsive, and explained the items on the menu well, as well as making recommendations as we ordered.
The only negative was my daughter ordered the tortilla soup... and we had to send it back, it was terrible. They said they recently changed the recipe... well, I would suggest changing it back, it could not have been any worse. My wife and I both had steaks with seafood toppings, they weer very good. Not the best we've had... but still very good. We also had the crab cake appetizer... it was good... again, not the best we've had, but still very good. For desert we had the red velvet cake, and it was amazing.
All in all, the food was good, the service was good... but the price was high.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Michael B
Nikki B, Guest Relations Manager at Diamondback's, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Michael, we are so glad you chose to dine with us! Thank you for the wonderful review and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your dining experience. We appreciate your feedback about our tortilla soup, and we hope that you dine with us again next time you are in Waco. Cheers!
Waco, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Corporate Dinner Party”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Last year we had our Corporate Dinner Party at Diamondback's. We coordinated with the owners of our company to select the dinner party venue - which we selected Diamondback's - and worked months in advance to set up the evening. Our top corporate performers and their partners are invited and we strive to make the evening a memorable one. Last year we had an especially profitable year and we did not want to limit the menu so we offered open menu and open bar. To ease execution of the dinner for Diamondback's we pre-ordered everything as we did not want the tempo of the evening to lag and wait long periods of time between courses. We also arranged for an elaborate assortment of appetizers and sushi platters to enjoy prior to sitting down to our pre-orderd meal. Our company even provided a spreadsheet with all guest and menu selections detailed to assist Diamondback's. During the preplanning sessions with the Diamondback's Manager, I emphasized many times that I did not want the meal to lag and I did not want to wait long periods of time between courses and for the evening to drag on. We even opted for a Thursday night dinner as we felt the restaurant would not be as busy and it would be easier on the kitchen. I was assured over and over again by Stuart Illing, that we would have impeccible service and that the execution of courses would be timely.
My first concern that evening was that we only had two waitpersons for a guestlist of over 40 people. At the outset we had people waiting long periods of time to get their drink orders from the bar. We spent approximately 40 minutes enjoying appetizers/sushi and drinks and then we were seated and immediately served our salad/soup course. At no time were we even offered bread for the table. After we finished our salad/soup course we waited over 40 minutes for the main course to be served. There seemed to be mass confusion during the serving process which took forever. Many people finished their meal before others were even served. It was horrible and embarassing. I got up several times to find the general manager to complain and he never once came back to speak with me. I saw him once as he waltzed in to serve one dinner plate and then he was out again. Plates were not being cleared away as meals were finished and drink orders were not being taken. Again we had a huge lag before dessert was served. Many people just asked for theirs to go as they were so tired of waiting. I do not blame the two waiters for this as they were clearly understaffed...I blame the Manager for his poor staffing planning for service to our party and in the kitchen.
Our bill totaled over $6000 for that evening and it should have been perfect. We should have had ample staff to support us and wait on us. Our plates should have been cleared away in a timely manner and drinks filled quickly. Water and tea glasses should have never been empty. We should have had bread with our meal. It was a complete disaster. When I followed up with Stuart Illing the next week regarding my disappointment in the evening, he was completely flippant with me in his reply. Based on the planning he did for our evening at Diamondbacks and his response to me the next week, I get the message loud and clear, he does not care if Diamondback's gets my business again. And they have not. Personally I have not returned and I assure you, as we move towards the holiday season and are deciding where we will spend our $6000.00 again this year for our Corporate party, it will not be at Diamondback's again unless I hear that Stuart Illing has been replaced and Diamondback's is under new management.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank L S
Nikki B, Guest Relations Manager at Diamondback's, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Stuart is no longer with the company, and our new general manager would like the opportunity to speak with you about this. Please email us at diamondbackssocial@gmail.com so we can get the conversation started and make this right.
Belton, Texas
“Proposal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I proposed to my now wife at Diamondbacks. I was going to wait till the cruise we were taking the following week but we had such a good time there that I just couldn't resist. The wait staff was amazing and very knowledgeable.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nikki B, Guest Relations Manager at Diamondback's, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for the glowing review! What a remarkable story, and we feel honored that you chose your visit with us as the moment to propose to your wife. Please come back and see us on your anniversary so we can help celebrate the occasion with something special!
Whitney, Texas
“Consistant Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was our latest visit to Diamond Backs. We had not been in a while and wanted to bring some friends for an evening of great dining and service. As before, we were not disappointed. The menu offers a good variety to let anyone to find something to enjoy. We lucked out the night we were there as they had on special a great rack of lamb. Both my wife and here friend jumped on the lamb and were not disappointed. I had a great piece of Prime rib and a great bowl of lobster bisque. Our server was very attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. They have wonderful desserts but we were too full to indulge ourselves. Highly recommend Diamond Backs. It remains one of our favorite places to dine out when in Waco.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nikki B, Guest Relations Manager at Diamondback's, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for the glowing review! We are so glad you chose to dine with us again, and we're pleased that you enjoyed your dishes – including the lamb! We hope to see you again soon for another wonderful meal.

Been to Diamondback's? Share your experiences!