“Not the old Buzzard Billy's”
Review of Buzzard Billy's

Buzzard Billy's
Ranked #28 of 416 Restaurants in Waco
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 26, 2009

We have been to Buzzard Billy's Swamp Shack, no longer Buzzard Billy's Armadillo Bar and Grillo, three times since they moved from University Parks. Sadly, the restaurant has gone downhill.
The menu has been shortened, the service is not up to par, and the food preparation is mediocre when it used to be very good.
Buzzard Billy's used to be our restaurant of choice when visiting Waco. It no longer is. What a shame!

Reviewed November 15, 2008

My school and I were on a trip in waco so on our last day there my advisor decided to take us out to a "NICE" dinner. We got there and everything was good, getting to our tables,etc. The food was alright but the waiter my table had was TERRIBLE!!...she was first of all very rude and she seemed to have been way off into space. she was flirting with some of our guys that were sitting right behind us in a booth....
.(keep in mind these kids are all under age and she was a grown woman maybe in her late 30's) at one point she even brought one of the guys a FREE ice cream sundae. She was so interested in that table she completely forgot about our table, so we basically had to wait an eternity before she ever even realized we needed something. When we finished and she gave us our seperate checks, we gave her our money and she bunched it all up together so I personally dont even know how she managed to remember who gave her what.....so here we are waiting about 25 min. for our change (my bill was about 10.80 so i gave her a 20 with 80 cents.) and she like didnt even know what we gave her so then she starts giving us attitude because she says she didnt know who gave her what. and im just like ok you are the one who took all the seperate bills together and bunched them up its not our fault! and in the end she like rolled her eyes at us. So overall the food was alright I mean dont get me wrong the view was amazing and getting to feed the ducks was fun but all that is NOT worth the terrible service.
..if anyone goes down to this place, try not to get RAINY as your waitress!!!!!

Reviewed September 27, 2008

Uh, the only nice thing I can say about the food here is that they didnt screw up the hush puppies. Simply terrible food, spotty service and pricey...a bad combination in the dining world.

2  Thank ElRojoEsq
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed September 22, 2008

best fish in town.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 31, 2008

Awesome Tilapia.

Been to Buzzard Billy's? Share your experiences!