Ninfa's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 408 Restaurants in Waco
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have eaten here literally hundreds of times over the years. The portions sizes here are amazing (consider splitting a meal), the food is always HOT, and the service is very good. Their chips, salsa, and green sauce are all very good. Sometimes the chips can be a little greasy is my only complaint, but most of the times I visit, they are not. The frozen Ninfarita is always good and very strong!! I love their Chicken Fajitas, but the best meal here is the Pachuga Alfonso. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. It is chicken breast covered with cheese, mushrooms and a mushroom sauce served over a bed of rice. You can get it with ham or shrimp, or both (on the menu), or you can get it with bacon (which is not on the menu). It also comes with beans and tortillas and you eat it fajita style. The flavor is amazing! You must try this! For me, the Ninfa's in Waco is my all time favorite restaurant. There are Ninfa's in other cities, but they are not related and not very good at all.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

The service was friendly and efficient, but the atmosphere in the restaurant is a bit industrial and the food is average. The price is reasonable however

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Yes, it's pricey. I can't like about that. It's also one of the best places I've eaten at. If you like seafood, the crawfish enchiladas are some of the best! Enjoy the wonderful selection, but come really hungry, they will fill you up!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Nice place and very popular as it is close to downtown area hotels and Baylor University. We went there for lunch after moving our daughter in to BU. As others have mentioned, this place is popular. It has a nice atmosphere and great location, we found the food good, but nothing exceptional. Service was good, prices were reasonable, just expected a bit more on the food side. We will go back, but if you do eat a lot of this type of cuisine, don't expect to wowed by the food. It's above average, but not great in our opinion.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I always go to Ninfa's when visiting my daughter at Baylor. I would eat there several times each trip, but my daughter gets burned out on Mexican food.

Excellent food and drinks at a reasonable price. Expect a wait as its very popular.

Been to Ninfa's Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!