“People wonder why chain restaurants close.......”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #249 of 384 Restaurants in Waco
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Waco, Texas
“People wonder why chain restaurants close.......”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I once was a regular to this restaurant. Back then, we were given personal service and the food was good. On my recent visit, we ordered Mexican martini's and were told they only had 2 strainers; we had three canisters. Then the waitress asked if we could share one strainer as she needed one of them at another table; leaving us short 2 strainers. Then they ran out of martini glasses. I couldn't understand why someone wasn't washing dishes. They have also recently changed the menu. I ordered my husband the aussie chicken cobb salad to go. When I got home, it was a dinner salad with grilled chicken. This was not the description on the menu. Two of my fellow dinners ordered the salmon as did I. However, their salmon was overcooked and looked nothing like my salmon. I can certainly say with matters the way they currently are at Outback, I certainly won't become a regular again. Management at this restaurant better step it up, or this Outback will be the next chain restaurant to close in Waco.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank CLF49

Lorena, Texas
“Terrible way to celebrate Anniversary.”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Went to Outback for our 39th Anniversary. Thought a nice steak in a nice steakhouse would be great. WRONG. No croutons on salad, cold baked potato. My steak was dry but my husbands so full of grissel it was uneatable. Ask for steak sauce they brought it in a small dish barely enough for one steak. We paid and left and won't be back.

• Visited May 2014
Brunei
“Terrible Place.”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The only good thing I can say about this place is the door out.
Our party of 5 ordered 2 starters to share, only one came out.
3 of the 5 main course that we ordered were wrong. 2 Filet steaks were sirloins, and each was missing the asparagus, which when we asked for it, they had the cheek to put as an addition to the bill. This was corrected.
The 3rd main course came out with out the sauce.
When asked if the lobster could be replaced by salmon, they said they could do it but would charge us $12 for doing so.
Service was extremely slow, especially waiting for drinks.

We were offered dessert "On the house" as an apology from the establishment which we accepted.
The bill was the icing on the cake. We had been charged for 2 additional main courses and the asparagus that was missing from 2 of our main dishes.
After some time the owner, agreed to adjust the bill to a more acceptable amount, which I'm still sure was incorrect.
I will never go to this very poor establishment again.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Pete B
Waco
“After church Sunday lunch with friends.”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

3 out of 4 meals were perfect. The one steak was ordered medium rare. It was thick, tough and cold and bloody in the middle.
Service was ok but waiters spend too much time on large(8-10) people parties. We felt a little neglected.
Love the 9.99 steak specials. Good quality and taste.

• Visited February 2014
Victoria, Texas
“Cold Wind Blowing”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We were seated under an AC vent that blasted us with cold air. After moving to a less windy location, our meal was generally fine, although an item that appeared to be part of the meal was charged for, hence a lower tip. Waiter had to be asked twice for more sour cream and while waiting, potato got cold because of the AC. We couldn't understand why the AC was on & turned so low in the first place as the temp. outside was only 80 degrees, nearly frigid for this part of Texas.
The steak was superb, perfectly cooked and bearing no fat. The service was not the greatest and we sensed that, because we were geezers, we were ignored somewhat. This geezer usually tips 20-25% IF the service is attentive so it was the waiter's loss.
Outback serves exceptional steaks and I can tolerate some indiscretions as long as they don't spoil my meal.
I suggest that the hostess seat families with small (noisy & whining) children away from couples who are there without rug rats.

Visited January 2014

Been to Outback Steakhouse? Share your experiences!