“Excellent food and service - great Pei Wei option”
Review of Mama Fu's

Mama Fu's
Ranked #130 of 430 Restaurants in Waco
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We're been there twice. Both on Sunday's after church. The food came out hot and full of flavor. Service was always right there when you needed something. Its a new restaurant so maybe they have been working out the "kinks" in reading others reviews. I'd very much recommend this restaurant. It's an upscale Asian option without the upscale prices. Atmosphere is modern and a refreshing break from the typical Chinese buffets. Plus, its much more well kept than their local competitor.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

This was a huge disappointment. The food was the worse example of Asian cuisine that we have ever had. The ingredients were fresh and well-prepared, but the flavor was just awful. Just really bad cooking!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

It is pretty difficult to find a place to eat Aisan food in central Texas. However, Mama Fue.'s delivered. It was early afternoon on a Sunday. They had obviously been busy for lunch, but were winding down. The hostess was friendly and welcoming, and the team was obviously dealing with post-rush clean-up.

The decor' was a little sparse, but overall, not the overbearing red velvet chars with dragons everywhere. The server was quick to the table and brought two cold glasses for our imported beers. Steamed dumplings for an appetizer and they were delish. The stuffing of the dumplings was plentiful AND flavorful.

We ordered entree's. I played it safe, and my husband tried a spicy shrimp salad. The broccoli/ginger dish was slightly sweet, but I have never had "tender" beef in a Chinese dish, so that itself was great. The broccoli not overdone and plenty of food. The spicy shrimp salad was visually appealing and well done. Shrimp were crispy without being over-cooked. Veggies in the salad were obviously very fresh and hand-sliced.

Our dinner was $40 for one large appetizer, two entree's and two adult beverages. With the friendly service (and informed) very good food, we will definitely be back! Forgot to mention that the server had brought a taste of another appetizer, just to try.

Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I will go back just to try something and because they deliver but my dish was okay. I wish they had more spicy dishes. They are a lot like Pei Wei with less food. The environment was nice and they were slow inside and the service was expected being new. I'll go back and try something different.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Several of us senior ladies enjoyed our lunch at Mama Fu's Thai Restaurant last week. I did not hear one complaint from our bunch. Had excellent choices of Thai food and my meal of spring rolls and pad thai was wonderful. Management met us at the door and helped us decipher the menu. Then they rearranged the table and chairs to accommodate our group of 10. Our friendly waitress served us in quick fashion and even separated our checks without us asking.

This restaurant is newly built so very clean. You sit down to eat and get to order from a menu unlike other comparable Thai restaurants. I highly recommend Mama Fu's.

Been to Mama Fu's? Share your experiences!