“Decent food and good service”

Trujillo's Comedor y Cantina
Ranked #271 of 407 Restaurants in Waco
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We had the pulled pork nachos which were very interesting and tasty. The entrees were nothing special though, enchiladas were swimming a bit and my huevos rancheros was alright. The service was very good however and the atmosphere was pleasant.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Terrible food and service. Worst Mexican Food I've ever eaten. Worst service. Restaurant was almost empty and it still took 2 hours.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I ate there 5-23-14. It took 2 hours to get the food. It was the worst chicken mole I've ever tasted. The waiter never checked back to see if the food was OK. I didn't eat the chicken mole. I sampled the refried beans and rice that tasted like they came out of a can. The waiter came with the check and asked if I wanted a "to go" box. I told him I didn't eat the meal because it tasted bad. He took my plate away. He addd an automatic gratuity to the the bill and charged my credit card. I complained and the waiter told the manager I ate everything on the plate, then complained. I told them to bring the plate back to prove I didn't eat it, but they wouldn't do it. They charged the full price and didn't offer me anything else to eat. I had to go eat somewhere else.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Seating was immediate but the service soon went downhill. We got drinks, chips and salsa pretty quick. We ordered food and specifically requested tortillas to be brought with the meal. She forgot them, not big deal, it happens. Well unlike most waitresses that check back soon after meal delivery, she didn't. About 15 minutes into entree, we had to flag down the host to get the tortillas. She could keep up on refills but that was her limit. Our food was average, not bad but not good. To get our check we had to go to the register and ask for it. The clerk then tells us they had given the wrong table our check and they paid $10 too much. They gave us another check but then billed it as out amount but the credit card amount was less than the actual price. So then they guy says Oh just add the extra to the tip and it'll work out. We won't go back here. The cleanliness of the place leaves a little to be desired too.

1  Thank JCPuck
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Great chips and salsa. Love the fajitas and Carne Asadas. Nachos are great. Very cold beer in frosty mugs!