“Could've been better”

Ranked #269 of 398 Restaurants in Waco
Cuisines: Mexican
“Could've been better”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Seating was immediate but the service soon went downhill. We got drinks, chips and salsa pretty quick. We ordered food and specifically requested tortillas to be brought with the meal. She forgot them, not big deal, it happens. Well unlike most waitresses that check back soon after meal delivery, she didn't. About 15 minutes into entree, we had to flag down the host to get the tortillas. She could keep up on refills but that was her limit. Our food was average, not bad but not good. To get our check we had to go to the register and ask for it. The clerk then tells us they had given the wrong table our check and they paid $10 too much. They gave us another check but then billed it as out amount but the credit card amount was less than the actual price. So then they guy says Oh just add the extra to the tip and it'll work out. We won't go back here. The cleanliness of the place leaves a little to be desired too.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank JCPuck

Gatesville, Texas
“Good non-franchise Tex-Mex Food”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Great chips and salsa. Love the fajitas and Carne Asadas. Nachos are great. Very cold beer in frosty mugs!

Visited October 2013
Waco, Texas
“Tastes awful and dry!”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Ordered a Mexican dinner and the entire plate tasted as if it had never been spiced with anything. The sauce tasted like tomato paste from a can. The waitress was nice though,

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Curione-Hodges
Fort Worth
“Can't Be the Best Fajitas in Waco!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I like to give my business to small, local businesses. However, stopping at Trujilllo's was a big mistake. The waiter brought our drinks and then took so long to come back for our order we were discussing leaving. I wish we had! We ordered fajitas for two. When the fajitas arrived they looked good, but the order was the size of a single serving in any other restaurant. The fajitas were so tough I couldn't chew them (yes, I have all my teeth) and they had no flavor. The waiter kept saying he'd bring more tea and more hot sauce, but we had to get up and find someone to get more tea. I spoke to the manager about the quality of the food and service and he seemed shocked. I'm not sure if he was shocked because he thinks the food is good or shocked that I actually told him how bad it really is. The manager mentioned he'd been on this waiter all day. When it came time to pay, the manager discounted the price to less than half, but I really didn't think I should pay for anything. Total bill $27.77 for fajitas for two and one tea and one water. Trujillo's has a big billboard on I-35 advertising the Best Fajitas in Waco. If those are the best I'd sure hate to taste the worst. The chips and hot sauce were good, but that doesn't make up for the rest.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank CowtownNative
McGregor, Texas
“Manager is incompetent”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

First visit to this establishment, lots of better Mexican places in Waco. Very dissatisfied after giving coupon buy 1 get one meal free $9 value . Was not granted this by book Midway band. Very disappointing for first time visit will not be back nothing exceptional to write about this restaurant.

1 Thank WendyLynn16