“Don't think we'll go back”

Fuji Japanese Steak House & Sushi
Ranked #102 of 380 Restaurants in Waco
Good for: Families with children
Waco, Texas
“Don't think we'll go back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

We went with my son to celebrate Mother's Day. The "cook" was delightful and entertaining BUT the grease trap just over My husband's plate was overflowing. The cook took it down to empty it, sloshing a little more over my husband's setting and it continued to drip all through dinner. He did not clean his hands after this incident or before cooking our food. My son spoke with the manager after dinner to bring the situation to his attention, the manager was defensive, said the grease trap just fills up and there was nothing he could or would do and did not apologize. AND, the floor was so slippery with grease that it was very difficult for my husband to get around on two canes. Overall, although the food was good, the attitude of management and the condition of the restaurant has convinced us not to return.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Bobbi4k

The Villages, Florida
“Fun Times At Fuji Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

My Aunt Linda, Ann and I drove over to Fuji Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Cafe for fun, food, and excitement. Fuji is one of those places where lots of folks sit around an open grill top and watch the Chef perform as he cooks your order.

We had a good time, food was good, service was good, and the Chef was fun to watch.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Robert W B
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
“It doesn't get any better than this”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

My friends had sashimi, I had thai curry chicken. Both were ridiculously amazing. Twelve stars on a ten star scale.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank JessicaC4
Texas
“Great Sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Visited this restaurant on a date and had a great experience. Very clean. Server was okay. Sushi was great. Surprised by the seaweed salad… a must try. Didn't stay for desert.

• Visited December 2013
Corsicana, Texas
“Had a great time...Again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

We've been to Fuji before and loved their food, so we decided to go back for a lunch.
This time we had fried rice and Mongolian spicy beef. Each entree was enough for 2-3 people, so I and my husband shared each one. You can choose fried rice from four kinds... Chicken, beef, shrimp, and vegetable. So we were trying to decide which one to order among chicken,beef, and shrimp. Then our lovely server suggested that we could do all three kinds together for the price of a shrimp fried rice, so we ordered that. It's great that you can try all three in one dish. I personally liked shrimp (it makes me hungry just writing about it), so I probably will order that next visit. Mongolian spicy beef was not very spicy. it's more likely sweetness with a bit of heat, but of course, it was delicious too. We enjoyed every bite of it.
It was nice that we had same server this time as we had last time, and we remembered each other.She also gave me a great surprise after my husband mentioned about that it was the day after my birthday. Thank you Olivia, you made my day!!

• Visited December 2013