“Well it's cheap”
Review of Motel 6 Waco, TX

Motel 6 Waco, TX
Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Came to town for a reunion of friends. Thought I would stay cheap with a national chain. Lots to be desired here. Looks like they maybe making some budget renovations themselves. Room was a little dirty. Ceiling stuff coming off. Towels very thin but if you folded them then you could use them for a pillow as those were horrible. Not many people stayed here that night ( it appears as most were labor worked of sorts).

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Geowens

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Booked this thru ChoiceHotels' phone reservation service. My first room had an intense odor coming from a clogged/overflowed toilet. I reported this to the front desk & they were hesitant to issue another room because all they had left was an upgraded room. The second room had broken drywall in several places, visible stains from water damage on the walls & ceiling. Fixtures were tarnished & broken, and fearless cockroaches crawled in plain sight. There are hotels just a few minutes north or south, and you'll do well to just keep driving.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank BeardedSkeptic
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We got a non-smoking room but the sheets were smoking. My nightwear smelled like an ashtray after the stay. It was bare mimimum. We ate at Cracker Barrel because of the quality of the breakfast served. Was not impressed.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Daphne J
Reviewed March 25, 2011

I stayed at the Rodeway Inn on March 20, 2011 and had a very pleasant stay. The beds were comfortable and the front desk staff were very friendly. The property looked like it had been renovated recently so that was nice. The rooms are extra large. The only negative thing was that the pool was still closed for the winter season.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mick2106
Reviewed October 2, 2010

I recently stayed at the rodeway inn when I was in town for the Baylor football game. I enjoyed my stay. Rooms were clean and very spacious. Service was also great. Only negative was there was no coffee maker in the room. Other than that, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank Baylorfan83
Reviewed June 22, 2010

On our way to South Padre, we stopped in Waco for the night. Rodeway Inn was within our budget and they accepted pets. Because of our large dog, we were prepared for an outrageous pet-fee and a so-so room. We have found accepting pets does not always mean pet friendly! Not only was the fee reasonable, our room was clean and spacious, and right across from the pool. There was free wireless internet access in the room and even a microwave and refrigerator. The furnishings could use some updating, and I had to replace a light bulb, but the carpet was new, with fresh paint and the a/c was nice and cold. Even with the hotel right off the interstate, we could not hear the passing traffic and the room remained quiet. We had a great nights sleep. The grounds are spacious and are perfect for exercising pets, unlike the small, fenced in areas at most places we go. The continental breakfast was free, mainly cereals, pastry and waffles. Would have liked more of a fruit, drink, and pastry variety. The staff was very friendly and made sure we were comfortable during our stay. Overall we were very pleased with our decision to make Rodeway Inn the first stop on our trip.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank g4rdn3r1985
Reviewed January 29, 2010

I chose this hotel because of previous reviews but felt totally uncomfortable! I just stayed there one night but upon entering the room, I felt like there was a booze party the night before. The room strongly smelled strongly like cherry cigars or some type of liquor. After two minutes I went back to the front desk and requested another room. The clerk was very nice about it and changed my room. I was hit with the same smell but not as strong.. I guess it was the carpet cleaning or something. If it weren't for the smell, it'd be a perfect place for an overnight stay: large room, clean bathroom, comfortable bed.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo