“Great buy for the money”

Knights Inn Waco South
Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Lampasas, Texas
“Great buy for the money”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on a Baylor football night. The room was clean and all facilities were well maintained. The room could have used a more thorough cleaning and the continental breakfast was lacking, but I would stay there again. The cost was well worth it.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Danielle T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was a vendor at the Extraco Event Center over July 4th weekend. Just needed someplace quiet & clean since my son & I were pretty much only there to sleep. The room & bathroom were very clean & the large fridge/freezer combo meant that we were able to keep our snacks chilled & take with us as needed. Beds were comfy & pillows firm -- the the little bedside fan system is a nice touch. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: A quick drive to the Extraco Events Center!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 57JennB
Boerne, Texas
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed for two nights in April 2013. I was in Waco for a school contest my son was competing in so didn't require much for accomodations. It's an older property. The room was small, but had a comfortable bed and table with two chairs. No 'desk'. I was impressed by how clean the room was. There was no pool, and breakfast consisted simply of cereal, bagels, muffins, juice, etc. There were no warm breakfast options. At night, I could sometimes hear the TVs in adjacent roms and above me, so the walls may be a bit 'thin'. My room had a mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee maker, as well as an iron and ironing board.

The staff was all very friendly and showed great interest in my visit. It was fairly conveniently located, about a mile or so from I-35 but in an area of Waco with plenty of food options close by. I paid around $50 per night, so found good value in relation to price paid. If you are looking for all the comforts of a modern hotel, or are traveling with children and want a pool, etc., you might consider alternative choices. If you are just looking for a clean room and place to sleep, this will fit the bill.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank BryanBoerne
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I spent 3 nights here and it was clean and surprisingly quiet, though I was in the 1-story section so had nobody above me. Rooms aren't super large, but I only needed a place to sleep.

Breakfast is cereal and coffee; I got my dry Fruit Loops to go as a snack!

Desk attendant was immediately attentive when I had a question.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Pammygib
Ennis, Texas
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Check-in process was a bit laborious, owner had to 'find' my reservation. She was cordial and talkative.

The accommodations were highly hygienic. Bathroom was well stocked with towels. The vanity was complete with a coffee pot & a hair dryer. Queen size bed was comfortable. Room included a large table, wing chair, side chair and an alarm clock radio.

It's an excellent return on my investment. I stay here whenever I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west and east side are quieter. There's no 'overhead' traffic due to the fa...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Danny F
Victoria
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I enjoyed staying at this motel until we checked out and had been gone about 20 minutes!! We had stayed two nights and on our way to the office driving in our truck, we met the lady that had checked us in, in the parking lot, where she said that she would take our keys and we didn't have to go by the office to check out and get a receipt because we had paid on Expedia!!
She called me about 20 minutes later and told me that the lady who cleaned our room said that we had pets because she found pet hair and she would have to charge us for having pets in the room. I told her that she had seen into our truck and she saw that we didn't have any pets with us. She insisted that we did and I told her that we would be back in about 30 minutes. In the meantime, I remembered that we had held my Aunt's cats the night before and may have brought back a few hairs on our clothes.
They had finished cleaning the room by the time we got back and she was still insisting that we pay the $10 per night because we had pets with us!!! I explained about my Aunt's cat and she couldn't understand that we didn't have the cat with us (English second language). We came to a compromise with me paying one nights pet charge for having the hair on us!!! I will not be staying here again!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Lisa_In_Texas
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We found this on my android phone (under Places) It was $10.00 less than similar others in the area. We called to ask if we could get a room with two beds for the price and the clerk said yes. When pulling in off of the highway we were greeted with a very clean and well kept motel. Even though it was late the lady opened the door and greeted us with a smile. Our room on the ground level had been pre-cooled for us. It was comfortable and clean, Limited breakfast but adequate.Good value for the price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family