“Clean and Comfy”

Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Waco
San Antontio
“Clean and Comfy”
Reviewed July 5, 2009

My family stayed here as we were too tired to travel all the way home in the middle of the night. We arrived just after midnight and we were quickly checked in to a suite that accomadted all 5 of us. It was clean and very comfortable. In the morning, we ate the continental breakfast and my boys thought that this was the best breakfast they had ever had. They got to make their own waffles! We had to leave quickly after breakfast, but this was a very nice stay for us.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank FunintheSun09
QIWaco, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near University, responded to this review, July 8, 2009
Thank you for making the effort and taking the time to leave a review. Its very important for us that our guests feel comfortable and "at home" during their stay in our hotel and its always a pleasure for us to hear such positive feedback. We hope that we can welcome you again as our guests in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Dallas
Reviewed May 29, 2009

Having stayed frequently at other Waco hotels, I decided to try the Quality Inn to save money. Surprisingly, it has exceeded my every expectation, and I now prefer it to the other hotels which were costing at least $40 more per night. They have an abundance of suites for just a few dollars more than a standard room, and they are large and well equipped, including a separate living room, small kitchenette area, and in the case of the two queen bed suites, two separate sink/dressing areas. The free wireless internet is by far the fastest I've encountered at a Waco hotel. Rooms and all public areas are impeccably clean. The fitness facilty, though small, is well equipped, with two treadmills, bike, eliptical, and just-installed weight gym....all in perfect condition. And although some of the breakfast items are not necessarily "gourmet quality", there is a good variety, nicely presented. Finally, every staff member I've encounted has been friendly and efficient. If you can overlook the less than perfect location (at an interstate exit across from a truck stop), this hotel is absolutely the best value in Waco.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Dallas
Reviewed March 7, 2009

Our stay at the Quality Inn Waco started off great with a wonderfully friendly and helpful desk clerk. Our room was exceptionally clean, smelled wonderful and had a cozy atmosphere. We had young college guys staying next to us and never heard a peep from that room-the hotel was very quiet! Quality Inn was also a lot less expensive than some other Suite options in Waco. We'll stay here again and again!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Thank you so much for making the effort to leave such a great review. Its very important for us that our guests feel comfortable and "at home" during their stay in our hotel and its always a pleasure for us to hear positive feedback. We hope that we can welcome you again as our guests in the future.
Texas
Reviewed August 24, 2008

My husband, mom and two sons were in town for the Salsa & Margarita Festival. We booked a suite with separate living room to accomodate all of us and our different schedules. The room was great - very clean, roomy and comfortable. The staff as well as the guests we encountered were very friendly. My sons especially enjoyed the indoor pool and workout room.

The hotel provided us with a list of restaurants in the area who offer a discount to hotel guests. We had dinner at one restaurant and breakfast at another.

Will definitely book here again.

• Liked — The cleanliness.
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 24, 2008

I was in Waco for a small business conference, held at the Quality Inn and Suites in January 2008. They gave our group a decent price per night, plus use of their conference room for parts of three days. This is a three story property with interior hallways. They provide a complimentary continental breakfast each morning, including fresh fruit. My room was a double/double suite, which had a small sitting room, a bathroom, and the bedroom. The sitting room had a couch, tv, desk, and kitchenette area which had a sink, microwave and refrigerator. The bedroom also had a tv and two very comfortable beds with soft pillows and nice comforters. One very nice thing about the room is that it had a separate sink and mirror in the bedroom portion, as well as in the separate bathroom, so more than one person could get ready at the same time. I used the work out facility, which included two treadmills, an exercise bike and a step trainer. They also have an indoor pool and jacuzzi which I did not use. The general manager's name is Nate and he was very helpful on two occasions: I left my cell phone in the work out room overnight. I didn't know where I left it, but I searched my room and all belongings before I realized I left it in the work out room. When I went to the workout room, it was not there either. I stopped by the desk, and sure enough, the housekeeping folks had turned it in! Yeah!! I also left my business calendar there, and Nate called to tell me I had left it and wanted to know how he could get it back to me. I think that was "over and above" what I would expect from a hotel. The property was very clean, including the rooms and the public space. Overall, it was an excellent stay. It is a typical two or three star facility, not a luxury hotel, but very nice for this class of facility. It is located on the south end of town, just a mile or so from a fairly new shopping center which has a Panera bakery, Logan's Roadhouse, and other stores. I can't say enough about the honesty of the staff and their willingness to go the extra mile to make the customer happy.

• Liked — The honesty and helpfulness of the staff
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank TravelFan
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 7, 2007

One of the worst experiences I have ever had in any hotel -- and I am a frequent traveler. We had specified a non-smoking room but were put in a smoking room that was smelly even by the standards of smoking rooms. It was also was filthy and uncleaned. The staff was rude and unhelpful in resolving the problem.

The continental breakfast next morning ran out of food quickly and the reason soon became clear: The desk clerk also was running breakfast! He had to rush back and forth between the breakfast area and the desk to check out guests, which made the wait to check out extremely long. We finally gave up and went to a cafe for breakfast.

Very bad! I will never be back.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Terrible staff with bad attitude
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank Callmephil
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 27, 2007

I stayed at Quality for business for 3 nights in July. It was a newer hotel with a workout room, included breakfast, small kitchen area in the suite, near other restaurants / stores and very nice lobby. It was near the freeway so there was a little bit of noise but the curtains were heavy. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled on business