“Great Stay”

Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Paris
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

We chose this hotel because of the good reviews and were not disappointed. The price was great and the central location was convenient.The beds were comfortable and the rooms clean. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The hot breakfast is good and there is also an Ihop next door. The kids loved the pool. The only negatives were wifi was down one day and the hot tub is very small.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper request a room on the back side of the hotel away from the elevator
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank jbjbjb24
QIWaco, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near University, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are glad that you all were able to make use of our hotel's amenities and that you found the staff "friendly and helpful". We hope you have the chance to stay with Quality Inn & Suites Near University again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We were tired from a long drive and needed a room. I read all the reviews and thought this would be a nice hotel for a decent price so I called ahead to reserve a room. When we arrived the reservationist checked us in quickly and gave us a "quiet" room. The room seemed clean and quiet so we unpacked everything and started to get ready for bed. We pulled down the sheets and there were some very unpleasant stains which looked wet!! We called the front desk and told him. He said there was no cleaning staff at night but that he could give us clean sheets for us to make our own bed! We said, "Absolutely NOT!" He offered us a suite and came up with the new keys. We packed up everything and went with him to the new room. We pulled down the sheets and low and behold...more of the same!!! He was surprised and couldn't believe it. We told him we just wanted a refund and we all went downstairs. He called the manager (at home, I guess) and told him what had transpired. Thankfully, we had no problem getting a refund. We went on our way...tired, frustrated, and disgusted. Based on the reviews I read and the overall attitude of staff, I believe the manager(s) will investigate and resolve this. It appears to be an isolated case...just unfortunate for us.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shari M
We regret to hear that we did not meet your expectations in your sleeping room. We have alerted our housekeeping team regarding the issues you experienced. We take this very seriously, and can assure you that these issues will be corrected for the next guest that stays in this room. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Was in Waco for one night only. Read good reviews on this Quality Inn and all other comparable hotels in the area were quite a bit more expensive. It was convenient to where I was going. Check-in went smoothly, the room was clean and quiet, and bed linens seemed brand new. The bed was very comfortable, A/C worked well. I did not go down to breakfast, so can't comment on the food. I would recommend this hotel, and I will stay there again next time I am in Waco overnight.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank beach_N_sand10
QIWaco, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near University, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. Your responses help us show what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong. I look forward to seeing you again at our hotel and want to thank you again for your positive review.
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

We had a very nice stay the the Quality Inn. Since it was still cold weather, we wanted a hotel with an indoor pool, that was one of the must haves in choosing a hotel for us and the grand children. They also have a "hot tub"... very small hot tub as it turned out, but it was hot. Kids loved the pool, but kids rarely notice cold water! Check in was fast and friendly, the clerk was awesome, as was all the staff - they always greeted you. They have a hot breakfast which is good and if I'm not mistaken, all day coffee, maybe I got lucky each time I wanted coffee. I'm not sure why they only had a 2 star rating... beds were comfy, the pull out sofa could use a new mattress, but for the price we paid for a 2 queen bed "suite" and the laughter and smiles on the girls faces....I can live with out dated carpet. Plus to me as a "bonus" their check in was 2 PM rather than the standard 3 PM (more pool time for the kids), and checkout was 12 NOON! Kids were able to take in a swim prior to checkout before hitting the sites in Waco. Hint for the pool, I wouldn't take my cellular devices as the deck area is small and it's very wet down there - hard to find a dry area. We had a wonderful time and would most certainly go again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank GreyLady0821
QIWaco, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near University, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Pittsburg, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

I was a choice employee for 10 years. It was my preferred brand for years but not anymore. This hotel was the exception and in the top three QI's I've stayed in. I have no complaint except for the beds. They were hard and not comfortable at all. Maybe softer beds are just to my taste but I hate to say I wouldn't stay here again for this one reason. Overall the stay was great.

Stayed March 2014
QIWaco, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near University, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience.
The Colony, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

I would most definitely stay here again the next time I'm in town. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the staff was great! Breakfast was also very good - great coffee! I have no complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
QIWaco, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near University, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

I walked in and was immediately greeted by the desk clerk. She soon checked me in and gave me my keys with a large smile. The rooms are clean, nice beds. Smelled great, clean towels. Indoor pool was clean as well, my kids loved it! My wife was able to go to the fitness center and relieve some stress as well. The breakfast is phenomenal, as well as the breakfast area. Large, spacious, and cozy. All in all it's a great hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room towards the middle of a floor, away from the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Saagar P
QIWaco, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near University, responded to this review, December 7, 2013