“Still going strong after all these years”

La Fiesta Restaurant & Cantina
Ranked #66 of 398 Restaurants in Waco
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining
Description: Waco's favorite Tex-Mex restaurant! Freshest (never frozen) and finest ingredients used in all menu items. Happy Hour weekdays 3-6:30. Our frozen margaritas are another Wacoan's fav. Live music nearly every Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights. We are proud to serve vintage Tex-Mex from original Castillo family recipes. Back in the good old days, before there were pre-formed taco shells and canned enchilada sauces, restaurant Tex-Mex was just like homemade. At La Fiesta, you'll find the same home-style flavors - and the same fresh-fried taco shells, house-made spices, homemade tortillas, and made-from-scratch enchilada sauces that your grandparents once enjoyed. Host your next event at La Fiesta! We have a private party room and a banquet house, enabling us to host up to 150 people. We also cater and will deliver directly to you with a minimum order of 8 entrees.
Chicago, Illinois
“Still going strong after all these years”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

It was a pleasure to eat here recently and find everything as tasty as I recalled from years ago when I was an undergrad at Baylor. Chips and salsa, tortilla soup, enchilada combo, chili rellenos were all just as good as I remembered.

• Visited October 2013
Sam C, Owner at La Fiesta Restaurant & Cantina, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
It was a pleasure to have you back! Thanks so much for thinking of us while you were in town. We'd love to see you again next time you're in Waco!

All the best,
Samuel Castillo III, General Manager

“O, the Salsa”
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Having grown up in waco, we ate La Fiesta on a regular basis. Coming back it was just as good as I remembered and my boss here in Abilene has me bring her back Salsa whenever I go because her mother got her hooked on it. You must try it out!

• Visited September 2013
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Enjoyable eats”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very nice waiter indeed. He was helpful, especially when I informed him I needed to move seats because the air conditioning was blowing right on me. The food was prepared just as we ordered, and was served in a timely manner.

Visited June 2013
Lampasas, Texas
“Even packed with Bears, everything was great!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We went on a Baylor home game day...albeit unknowingly. The servers were on task and worked hard. The kitchen had our orders out very quickly. I highly recommend the chile con queso, the Puerto Vallarta dinner and the Mexican lasagna dinner. The refried beans were perfection. We will definitely be back.

• Visited August 2013
Waco, Texas
“Love it!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Best salsa in town! Great food, fun place to meet friends for lunch, drinks, or dinner! Have never been disappointed.

Visited July 2013