“My favorite place in Waco for Mexican Food”

La Fiesta Restaurant & Cantina
Ranked #66 of 398 Restaurants in Waco
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining
Description: Waco's favorite Tex-Mex restaurant! Freshest (never frozen) and finest ingredients used in all menu items. Happy Hour weekdays 3-6:30. Our frozen margaritas are another Wacoan's fav. Live music nearly every Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights. We are proud to serve vintage Tex-Mex from original Castillo family recipes. Back in the good old days, before there were pre-formed taco shells and canned enchilada sauces, restaurant Tex-Mex was just like homemade. At La Fiesta, you'll find the same home-style flavors - and the same fresh-fried taco shells, house-made spices, homemade tortillas, and made-from-scratch enchilada sauces that your grandparents once enjoyed. Host your next event at La Fiesta! We have a private party room and a banquet house, enabling us to host up to 150 people. We also cater and will deliver directly to you with a minimum order of 8 entrees.
Waco, Texas
“My favorite place in Waco for Mexican Food”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I love the food here. I've been coming to eat at La Fiesta since my son was a baby, and he's 31 now. I like the dark romantic atmosphere, although I have heard others complain about the darkness. Also, the big room at the back is a great place for a large party. We've had several Christmas parties here.

• Visited December 2012

Austin, Texas
“Great Mexican Food in Waco!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I love this place. The food and service was excellent. My wife loved the stuffed avocado and the green chile layered enchilada as the stuff of dreams. The best though was the service. Our waitress Stacie was fantastic. She's the one who recommended the stuff avocado to my wife. She was always on top of things and our drinks never got below half full. We shall return.

• Visited January 2013
“Omg!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

This place is so much fun. the bar is kicking. The Margaritias are amazing. So good and strong you are only allowed two. The waitstaff is so friendly. Our waiter was Elijah. He so fast Nd Johnny on the spot with everything . Knew the menu like the back of his hand. The M.G. Was really nice too. He came by to check on our table to see everything was alright. That's service. I liked that.

Waco, Texas
“Great Mexican Food”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

La Fiesta is by far the best mexican food restaurant in Waco. If you are looking for a place to share a quite dinner or a get together with friends after work, La Fiesta offers both. Great food and drink specials during "happy hour".

• Visited September 2012
Whitney, Texas
“Better than average Tex Mex”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Always good food at a fair price. Usually the service is good too, but sometimes at busiest times it is not perfect. Combination platters are usually our choice. Fajitas are just ok, and you can do better elsewhere in Waco.

• Visited December 2011