“Really nice eating area. Covered picnic tables.”

Katie's Frozen Custard
Ranked #5 of 12 Dessert in Waco
Reviewed May 1, 2012

The custard was pretty good at this establishment but they only have two flavors (vanilla and chocolate). Still, simplicity might be key as they are able to focus their attention on toppings and customer service. Nice little place to grab a quick treat and the covered seating was a nice touch. Has a great 1950's feel to the location.

1  Thank starbucksgirl69

Reviewed March 1, 2012

Katie's is a unique Waco feature. It's a place that you need to try at least once. You have to be a huge fan to want to come again and again though.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

If you are driving through Waco, TX, I would definitely make this my stop and stretch break. The frozen custard is amazing! They have a wide variety of things on their menu and you can put just about anything on or in your custard. It is a little pricey for what you get though. I would definitely pay the price for it though!

1  Thank texastraveler1984
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Driving up I35 on a warm June day, my husband and were in the mood for some cold ice cream. As we neared Waco, we pulled out our GPS to find a specialty ice cream shop. (No mixes for me.) Although the GPS led us through some obscure streets, we found Katie's just a couple of miles from I-35. It was a blast from the past with a covered picnic table area in front of a white walk-up building. The heat and quiet conversation of a few patrons relaxing while eating their cones brought back memories of soft ice cream stands of the 50's. The frozen custard did not disappoint. We indulged ourselves with the rich cold cream melting to just the right consistency to enjoy the full flavor.

Finding ourselves near Waco again in July, we were filled with anticipation of the richness awaiting us. Another hot day...another creamy cold custard...deliciously smooth. It brought bac, memories of the custard, that I called soft ice cream. In the ensuing years, my taste turned to the creamy hard ice cream, but Katie's reminded me that my first love was the rich, smooth ice cream soft enough to dig right in and cool you off on a scorching Texas summer day.

Katie also serves a variety of hot dogs, hambugers and cold drinks.

2  Thank Lives2Travel2Live

Been to Katie's Frozen Custard? Share your experiences!