“Great after church lunch”

Don Carlos Restaurant
Ranked #151 of 404 Restaurants in Waco
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: http://www.doncarlosrestaurants.com/locations.htm
Description: http://www.doncarlosrestaurants.com/locations.htm
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This restaurant is always busy, but the wait never seems too long because of capacity. Service was fast and efficient and the quality was fantastic. Selection never seems to be a problem. We were very pleased with the atmosphere as well. Will definitely be back.

1  Thank Mark B
There are newer reviews for Don Carlos Restaurant

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We go to Don Carlos just for their cheese dip. I don't know how they make it, but it is like no other. It is so creamy and rich, maybe some butter in it. Their sour cream enchiladas are one of my favorite dishes.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Horrible service. Waiter didn't check on us yet took it upon himself to add a gratuity to a 4 person ticket.Beyond the bad service we received, upon leaving the restaurant I began to immediately feel very very sick to my stomach that was the 1st and last thing (beef fajitas) my wife and I had eaten that day. Later in the night got EXTREMELY sick bringing up chunks of RAW/VERY PINK beef, found out it was food poisoning. called the next day to notify a manager. The only response I got after being on hold for several minutes was "Im sorry you are not feeling well, I will pass this on to the owner so that he can give you a call" its been over a week and still no call, no refund, no anything. I would NOT recommend ANYONE eating here.

2  Thank Johnathan86
Reviewed August 10, 2013

To start off the food was a little better than average for a mid-scale Tex-Mex eatery. I my complaint was the charge for the meal. It was Wednesday and I ordered the Wednesday Fajita lunch off the lunch menu. The menu listed the price as $9.99 plus $2.00 if I had beef. The check came and I was charged $11.99 for the meal PLUS $2.00 for beef. They overcharged me $2.00. Then they did not fully honor the $10.00 gift certificate I used. The manager only gave me $9.24 for my $10.00. I was not happy when I left. The greeter asked Everything was OK and I said no....showed her the menu item I ordered and my cheek. She wanted to get the manager and I said he was the person who made the decision to only give me 9 bucks for my 10 dollar gift certificate so I would rather just pay and post a bad review on line. If an server made the mistake I would have let him fix it but since he cheated me I will let him live with my review

2  Thank WA5JML
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I do not like the food there. The service was very poor as well. I have only been twice. I will not go back.

1  Thank Sherry12186

Been to Don Carlos Restaurant? Share your experiences!