“5 Star Hotel in Waco, Tx!!!!”

Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Staff is very friendly, Rooms are very nice, food was excellent. If Kristen is working the evening you are in the bar-ask, no beg her to sing for you. It is well worth the large tip you should give her. Overall an unexpected gem in the heart of Texas

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Papamac5515
Daryl B, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

You've found one of our hidden gems as Kristen is a professionally trained Opera singer and sounds like an Angel! You will find an entire staff eager to please from Whitney and Kayla at the front desk to Maria heading up the housekeeping team and Cole behind the Bar our mission hear at the Indigo is to insure you leave Happier than when you arrived!
Thanks again for making Kristen's night!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Having a son and daughter at Baylor, I've had the opportunity to stay in several hotels in the area. The Hotel Indigo surpasses any of them. My wife and I just completed a 4 night stay at the hotel where we were bowled over by the great service. From Kayla at check-in to the manager I frantically spoke to after realizing I left my golf clubs, all of the staff were professional and willing to go out of their way to help out. The beds were great, the rooms are beautiful, but the thing that stands out about this hotel is the excellent staff and service. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about our New Hotel Indigo with all of the TripAdvisor readers out there!
It's because of people like you that we were awarded TripAvisors Service Excellence honors ranking us in the Top-Ten percent of hotels nationally!
Rest assure I will let housekeeping know how much you appreciated the cleanliness of the rooms and Kayla's exceptional service at the Front Desk!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is without a doubt the BEST LUXURY HOTEL in Waco and one of the nicest in Texas. The front desk staff were all helpful and prompt. The room well decorated, spotless room and nice and cool upon arrival. All employees could not have been nicer. The JR Ewing Burger with a Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce and the stuffed alvocado with chicken with chips in the bar were delicious.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DPW_Houston
Daryl B, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Don't let "BEST LUXURY HOTEL" worry you about price, as compared to many other hotels in Waco the prices are great. You'll always find great deals Sunday through Thursday, the weekends may fluctuate based on special events at Baylor University.

Thank you for identifying two of our most popular meals at Brazos Bistro. The Chef uses many local ingredients to flavor all his dishes and Andrew will mix up your favorite cocktails in the Lounge.
Thank you for the wonderful review!

General manager

Reviewed April 28, 2013

If you're remotely interested in staying here for a Baylor occasion, go ahead & make your reservation now! It's a fantastic stay. From the comfortable bed, gorgeous bathroom, in-room coffee, accommodating staff, tranquil pool, and top notch restaurant, you won't be disappointed. I plan to stay here any time I come into Waco!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

We couldn't have asked for a more complimentary review!
Hotel Indigo has broken ground on almost 50 more beautiful properties across the country and -) several outside the U.S.A. We hope you have the opportunity to visit them all! :-)
We look forward to seeing you soon!

The entire team at the Hotel Indigo Waco-Baylor

Reviewed April 23, 2013

From the outside, this looked like just one of the many "business travelers" hotels that are so common these days. What was different was just about everything. First of all, everything is bigger - the lobby, the bar, and the rooms. I guess this is the reason the price is bigger, too. We were in Waco for a wedding, so I was not at the facility much. When I was there, I was impressed with the staff most of all. The front counter was very helpful in finding a tire dealer and the wedding location. I also noticed a real effort in the morning to accommodate every at breakfast with a table to fit their needs - right down to getting more tables for the overflow crowd. My only complaint was the parking. The hotel was full on Saturday, but the parking lot was not large enough. There are lots of trees and grassy areas where more concrete could be poured for parking. The only remedy was to park in the aisle - aisles that were wide enough for 3 cars. If I am back in the area, I will sure try to stay here again. It's a little higher than most, but closer to a resort inside than most of the hotels in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Daryl B, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review!
When entering our lobby you do get a sense of a contemporary new resort yet will immediatley be greeted by a staff that will make you feel right at home! Brazos Bistro & Lounge is the talk of the town when it comes to relaxing, conversing and sharing great food and spirits.
All of our exterior landscaping is now full of beautiful flowers and the perennials are filling in nicely!
Being close to Baylor does lead to more conventions and large groups gathering in Waco and may lead to a busy parking lot, but don't worry we'll always find you a spot!
Travel safe and we'll see you soon!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Hotel itself beautiful. Immaculate rooms, great decor and pleasing to the eye. Very professional front desk. I made reservation by phone. I booked a king room (and was texted confirmation)and upon arrival, she tells me no king rooms, tried getting me up to king premiere same price, nothing, but she did have queen premiere. Had it not been so late, I would have simply gone elsewhere. How can I get a confirmation on a room one and a half hours before arrival and the girl who was at front desk took my reservation on phone. Beds are comfy and showers are quite nice with good pressure. This hotel is a few blocks from main road. Had breakfast. The thing that bothered me most was no separation between restaurant and entry doors. Made dining experience feel like I was in middle of lobby. Food was ok. Eggs overlooked and staff was minimal. I would say that I would give this hotel another chance so I can compare experiences.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank markeymark69
Daryl B, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for sharing your kind words with everyone! Location, Design, Comfort and amenities are just a few of the things our guest's love when they visit us!
Being New and the only Boutique hotel in town sets us apart from other choices in Waco and if Baylor is your destination we are just moments away!
Thank you as well for coming back to stay with us and please make sure to reach out to me personally so that I can make sure your room type is available.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Room was attractive, shower awesome; however, acrylic wine glasses were taken by maids and we could not get them back. Manager very unsympathetic. Had to drink wine out of toothbrush glasses for two days while we tried to get our glasses back. Food at bar bad - nachos soggy, coffee very weak, and baked chicken pink throughout. Second day we were there room was still unmade at 5:00 and room service dishes from breakfast still in room. Pillow from bed missing and boasters left on floor by maid service. Would not stay there again. We booked rooms here based on recommendation of relative who is professor at Baylor. Both she and we were extremely disappointed.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MargaretP854
Daryl B, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

We are so happy you were pleased with the room but regret the rest of your stay was not to your expectations. Let me personally apologize for the loss of your acrylic wine glasses as we immediately searched the premise and when not found offered our wine glasses as replacements or purchase new ones which you accepted and regarding room service we were happy to compensate for any inconvenience you experienced with the servicing of your room.
We take very seriously our Guest Service and Housekeeping departments and as a result have earned the trust and loyalty of 10's of thousands of Waco and Baylor University travelers and sincerely hope for another opportunity to earn your business.