“Nice hotel. Comfortable bed & pillows!”

Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed 3 nights during our stay in Waco. It is a very nice, modern hotel. Clean lines, nice lighting in the lobby. A conference was going on during our stay so where they would do the conference food set-up in the front lobby which made it not as inviting for others to use the bar/restaurant area which is all one area. What else was a little weird was on our floor, 3rd, a conference room was right across from our bedroom at the end of the hall & the night we arrived a hospitality room was right in the middle section of the hallway on our floor. They were a little loud at 11:00 pm. Luckily our room was away from them so we didn't have to hear them.
Pool area & workout area very nice & clean.
Our room was nice and as I stated, very comfortable bed & would love to have bought a pillow. Small fridge in each room & Keurig coffee maker, just wish they would give you more than 2 regular coffee pods. We had to go down to the front desk each morning to get more coffee.
What would make the hotel better is:
1. Real coffee creamers in the fridge instead of only powdered packets.
2. Robes
3. More coffee in rooms or free coffee in the morning with to go cups in the lobby.
4. That you can turn on only a light in the bathroom. Every time you turn on the bathroom light the vent comes on, it's loud. A heater in the bathroom would also be nice or as I stated a robe.
Would recommend this hotel, very good central location. Close to Baylor & restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dina P
Hotel_Indigo_Waco, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

We appreciate all of your kind words as well as your thoughts as to what could have made your experience even more enjoyable.
Being in walking distance from Baylor University, we do occasionally get some large groups and conferences coming to our hotel. Please rest assure we will be more diligent when monitoring the volume of these events so as to insure a very good night's sleep for you and your Family. Many guests do compliment the beautiful and sleek design of this new Indigo and are happy to hear 50 more Indigos are currently under construction across the nation. We will be offering robes on request and don't hesitate to call the front desk for any special requests you may have!

Sincerly

Reviewed January 21, 2013

What a great staff at the hotel! We just had a group of 100 meet at Hotel Indigo and you could not have asked for better service! From the hotel manager who was hands-on, to each of the wait staff, we were treated so well. The size of our group was bit large for the character of the hotel, but the General Manager along with everyone working there made sure our stay was comfortable. Ant they jumped hoops to accommodate us.

If you are planning a conference in Waco, please consider this location. We all had a wonderful time.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Hotel_Indigo_Waco, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you on behalf of the entire team at the Hotel Indigo! The General Manager tends to receive a lot of the thanks and accolades when in reality events like yours would not be a success without the efforts of people like Eduardo and Barbara who handle the constant cleaning and up keep of your meeting rooms and food tables and our banquet servers such as Zach, Matt and Melanie who enthusiastically attend to everyone's wishes.
Your group was a pleasure to serve as they all made us feel very appreciated!

Kindest regards,

Daryl & the Banquet team!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have been traveling to Waco for the last year and just recently stumbled upon this boutique hotel and what a lovely surprise. It is contemporary, convenient and clean as a whistle. The rooms are huge and the beds are so comfortable. We enjoyed the restaurant and utilized room service. But while all this is great what really shined was the staff! Everyone from the front desk to the food service staff to housekeeping took such great care of us. I spent 8 days there and they made me feel like I was the only guest they were serving. How often does that happen? Finally, a few days after my stay, my daughter who is a student in Waco got the flu. I called at 9 a.m. to see if they had a room for her that night telling them that she was sick and needed to get out of the dorm. The young man working the front desk, Meraj B. said yes they did and have her come right on over and they would have the room ready. As a mom and a customer I was grateful. When my daughter arrived a short time later she found water, various juices, healthy snacks and a get well card from the hotel waiting in her room. Now that is service and Meraj has my respect and gratitude.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

The secret is out! Every day more and more people are finding out about our beautiful, new boutique hotel just down the road from Baylor University.
Exceeding guest expectations is the goal from check in to check out and thank you for recognizing the efforts demonstrated by Meraj concerning the comfort and wellbeing of your Daughter and please know he will be rewarded for his thoughtfulness!

We look forward to seeing you both again soon!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

my experience was excellent from the moment i checked in and my entire 4 night stay, great business center excellent restaurant and bar on property very clean, comfortable nights sleep the manger Cy made my stay enjoyable thx a bunch can't wait to see you all again next month.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Hotel_Indigo_Waco, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with all of the TripAdvisor readers!
We are very proud of the exceptional job our housekeeping team provides for all of our guests. They have the most difficult job, yet always come to work enthusiastically and with a commitment to excellence!
In regards to our management team, Cy and Meraj exhibit daily, professionalism and a genuine sincerity, with the sole purpose being to insure a relaxing and memorable stay...

All our appreciation,

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Hotel Indigo is modern, clean, comfortable, and fresh. With spacious modern rooms (excellent bathrooms) and friendly and helpful staff it's a great option close both to the Baylor campus and to downtown restaurants. Parking can be a little frustrating ... but there is space to reconfigure the lot a bit in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your very kind impressions of our beautiful new hotel! The Hotel Indigo is rapidly becoming the talk of the town when it comes to lodging and dining out. From the rich hardwood floors to the 42 inch hi-def flat screen T.Vs you will experience the best Waco has to offer. The hotel is supported by a team of dedicated staff whose sole mission is to ensure you leave even happier than when you arrived!

Thank you for making us your hotel of choice when visiting Baylor University.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

As a Platinum Priority Club member I must say I Waco and Baylor University is lucky to get a Hotel Indigo. Work takes me to different places and since this time it was Waco.

My Army buds suggested the Hotel Indigo because it was new and they honored the State rate, which I was thankful. I was amazed at the soft color palette and modern defined areas. The restaurant was bustling with business and there was music being played by locals.

My room was totally modern and the great thing is that it was that the bed was so comfortable that I just didn't wanna get up to go work. Flat screen TV, beautiful lighting, gorgeous shower and comfy bed....gosh I had a great time. I was gonna jump in the pool but then I realized that it wasn't heated which really surprised me in for such a modern hotel. The night staff was more than helpful in giving me information about local restaurants, clubs and bars.

I had to submit a new report for work and I was able to do that at the Business Center which had new Mac computers and working printer which you don't always get at hotels. LOL The restaurant provided me with orange juice and delicious breakfast platter to-go which made my coworkers jealous. I had a great time at this new Hotel Indigo-Waco and will keep coming back as long as they honor the State rate and help us Platinum Priority Club members =).

Room Tip: Many restaurants and movie theaters are located on South Valley Mills Drive. There's a Chuy'...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank Conejito2011
Hotel_Indigo_Waco, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Let me start by first saying thank you for your service to our Country. We need to remind ourselves that this is an enlisted military we have and the sacrifices and efforts you are taking to protect our freedoms and liberties are greatly appreciated.
The Ownership has spent many hours with the design team insuring your rooms are spacious, modern, comfortable and filled with great amenities. Our New Hotel Indigo is rapidly becoming the talk of the town for comfort, design and a great Bistro and bar area that is elegant yet friendly and relaxing!
Our State rates are always available Sunday through Thursday while some Fridays and Saturdays may be restricted. Rest assure we will always take great care of our Military friends.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I loved this hotel!!!! The room was large, clean and comfortable. The restaurant on site was excellent and the prices were not bad! I will always stay here if my son decides to go to Baylor. It was a two minute drive to Baylor.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Hotel_Indigo_Waco, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

Thank you for trusting us to provide you with a New, Clean and Comfortable place to stay while here in Waco. Rest assure, if your Son decides to go to Baylor University you will be made to feel like Family every time you visit!