“New favorite in Waco!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Austin, Texas
“New favorite in Waco!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

When I was searching for a place to stay for a couple of nights in Waco, I was very pleased to see that there was now a Hotel Indigo close to the area of town where I wanted to stay. Since I had visited the Hotel Indigo Alamo Plaza in San Antonio a few times, I knew that the amenities would be first class. The differences between a unique renovated property such as the aforementioned Alamo Plaza location and a brand new construction as in Waco are very noticeable. The Waco location still has the "new car smell" and is kept up quite nicely. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, as has been my prior experience with Hotel Indigo personnel.

The room I was assigned was fairly spacious and easy to move about in, and the bed and furnishings were comfortable and functional.

As far as drawbacks, the parking lot design is a bit awkward to navigate, and I can see that a full house for a Baylor home football game might cause an overflow into the surrounding neighborhood streets. The TV reception was rather fuzzy and the HD channels were limited. The bathroom lighting is a bit dim, too. These might be some "new house" bugs that will be worked out over time, so probably not too much concern there.

All in all, it was a nice surprise to find such a modern, well-run hotel in Waco and I look forward to returning there whenever my travel requires a trip to the area.

1 Thank HornJock
Hotel_Indigo_Waco, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments. We are in the process of reconstruction of our parking lot to allow more cars in the front. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to your return.

Eric

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Longview, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

I recently spent a night here, and it was fantastic. I used to live in Waco, and I'm still pretty familiar with the bar and restaurant scene there. No doubt, the restaurant at Hotel Indigo is one of the few gems in Waco. They serve thoughtful, locally-inspired food, and the drinks are solid. Really, it's the only middle-range, non-chain joint in Waco - very reasonably priced for what you get. Also, the guys on staff are friendly and personable without being annoying, which I appreciate. The hotel room was modern and minimalist but comfortable. Overall, I really enjoyed this place. I'll be back soon.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TreyDuck
Thank you very much for your comments on the Hotel Indigo - Waco. We enjoy hearing about our service standards and we welcome your return.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

My partner and myself came to Waco for training for a franchise we purchased. We began our stay at a another local hotel. We decided to take a walk and found ourselves in the lobby of the Indigo. We were met by the owner and some of their very polite staff. We were so impressed that we had them to show us there rooms. They showed us their most amazing rooms, so nice and clean. The food their is also amazing. When my partner and I come back from a crazy day in class they meet us at the door everyday, take our bags and have our drinks ready. They also shuttle us anywhere we want to go. I will tell you, I travel all the time, and by far this has been the best customer service I have experienced. Kudos! To the owners, GM, and staff. I will visit you again.

Room Tip: Rooms are great, standard room is extremely nice. The suite is amazing.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

T
We were traveling through Waco for a wedding and decided to stay at Hotel Indigo based on reviews. They were not wrong! Easy to find, large clean rooms, great food at the Brazos. Staff, from the front desk, to management, to our waitress, we're super friendly. Rooms are large, pillow-top king sized bed was comfy,with a great shower. Would definitely recommend for a relaxing stay!

• Stayed May 2012
Cumberland, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

We had a pretty good stay this weekend. The rooms were very nice and the hotel was a good experience.

On the stay there was some Pros and Cons:

Pros:
The rooms were very big and clean.
The showers were massive.
The staff was very friendly.
Close to Baylor campus.

Cons:
Internet dropped a lot or would not connect at all.
Pool and hot tub were closed for half the time we were there
With the hotel full, parking lot was not big enough and people were parking all over. I was pretty much blocked in by people parking where they shouldn't
The room was dark as there was only one lamp in the room. It was hard to do work at the desk as there was no light on the desk.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ktpc2005
Hotel_Indigo_Waco, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Hotel Indigo- Waco. We apprciate you review and look forward to you return.

Eric Adame
General MAnager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

Amazing hotel with an amazing staff. From the moment you walk inside, you feel like you've been magically wisked away, and not to Delaware. Great little bistro/bar, K-cup brewers in each room, Aveda amenities, a unique pool that's sure to be a hit this summer, and showers that transform your bathroom experience to that of an upscale spa. Very nice. I'm all in on this deal!

• Stayed May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotel_Indigo_Waco, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
The team here at the hotel INDIGO - Waco thank you for your patronage and hope to see you on your next visit to Waco.

California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Indigo Waco- Baylor last week on a last minute business trip and was quite surprised at how beautiful the hotel was. My stay was comfortable and the price even more so. I loved the walk in shower and the spacious rooms with the great decor. Also, I was pleasantly surprised at the hotel food in the restaurant. Being new to the area, I didn't want to wander around for dinner choices and am extremely glad I stayed in and ate at the restaurant. If you're in Waco for any reason, this IS the place to stay..you will not be disappointed.