“Fun for the whole family, you have got to go here!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 62 things to do in Waco
San Marcos, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun for the whole family, you have got to go here!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

We had my 5 year olds birthday party here, and loved it. We took little ones from 2 years old, all the way up to 20 year olds, and then us, parents. Everyone had a really good time. There was an exhibit for everyone. They have a tea party room for the girls. They had a room with just a bunch of little toy cars they boys could drive around in. They have a room where you can try to put yourself in a giant bubble and blow giant bubbles and just play with some water. And that is just a few of the rooms and play areas they had there. There are so much more, interactive play rooms for everyone to enjoy! They also have a little village in the back complete with a church and school and store and bedrooms that you can go in and look at. So cute.

My favorite? The newsroom. They have a green screen where the kids can pretend to give a weather report that you can watch on the little tv screens! It was fun for the kids to watch themselves, they had a blast!

I highly recondmend this for a fun family day with kids and adults of all ages. It is TOTTALLY worth driving a little out of your way, and packing the family in the car to go and visit.

1 Thank mmont08

Temple, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Grandson and Babe!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

The leggos were at the museum and we took the granson to enjoy the exhibit. He had a blast, playing with the foam rubber items, seeing the experiments and seeing Babe, The longhorn dedicated by Mr & Mrs. HT Strasburger.

Visited March 2012
Killeen, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Suprized how great this was”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

All displays were very well put to gather. It was very interactive and my 3 year old to my 14 year old loved it. There are tons of hands on things for the kids to play with as we'll as crafts and lots of hats and outfits for the kids to play with in the themed rooms. Every thing was clean and orderly form the displays to the bathrooms. They do offer military discounts and it was very cheap to take my family. I would suggest planning to spend at least 4 hours if you want to see and do everything. They play place was outstanding and my kids could have stayed all day if I would have allowed it. I have been all over Texas from the Houston zoo and Aqurium to six flags and sea world and every cavern and park around. I have pretty much done it all in Texas and this was one of the cheapest and most enjoyable trips I have taken my family on. Highly recommend you visit it if you haven't already.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Dannette B
China Spring
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Special Programs a must see”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

The Mayborn presents special programs throughout the year. The events and dates can be found on their website and in the local newspaper. They are well worth the visit.

2 Thank Paula R
Salt Lake City, Utah
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fabulous children's museum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

This museum offers learning experiences for both children and adults. My grandchildren (ages 4 and 14 months) loved the time we spent there. My daughter and son-in-law plan to go again. The displays are amazing and some are interactive. My granddaughter loved the tornado display. Young and old alike had fun with the weather report station. The old town village on the property looks like the set of Little House on the Prairie. Well worth the admission fee!

1 Thank grandmaB47