“BEST LUNCH EVER!!!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Excellent dinning experience...YUMMOLA!!!! My husband and I had the most enjoyable lunch experience with such a pleasant atmosphere and very helpful and polite employees, its became a regular weekly burger hang out for us...we loved it!!!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Dave's serves a decent hamburger, if you order correctly. The patty is pretty thin, appearing to be fresh, not frozen. Fixings were fresh. As I ordered at the counter, I could see the completed burgers, so I ordered a double meat, which I recommend if you want the meat to vegetable ratio to be in balance. Mrs. 4gen had the single burger. To be fair, at $3.49 for a hamburger, one cannot expect a large patty, while the double meat cheeseburger was $5.59, a bit expensive considering they were just adding one extra thin patty and cheese. If you want fries and a drink other than water, go with the basket, as a very small side of fries is $1.99 and drinks are almost $2. Dave's is housed in a metal building with concrete floors, which makes for a VERY noisy environment; don't expect much conversation unless you can talk louder than everyone else. The place was clean and the counter help was friendly though hurried as the place was busy. We made a detour in our travels to try Dave's, but wouldn't do it again.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

On a recent trip to Waco I ate at Dave’s based on it Trip Advisor reviews. I was disappointed. The burgers looked nothing like the photos on this site. The person taking our order was neither friendly nor welcoming. The atmosphere is plain and cold in a tin building. The burger was no better than average, tasteless and thin. Don’t be fooled by the 5 star reviews.

1  Thank Jerelyn B
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hamburgers, awesome homemade chips, crisp fries. Football on 3 screens and friendly staff, my 12 year old was evaluating the zipper ripper and decided after his single patty bacon cheeseburger that it's a feat he doesn't want to conquer until adulthood. This may become our new "after football game" hang out on Saturdays. Thanks for a great experience.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We LOVE going to Dave's!! We live in Temple, about a 30-40 miles trip for us one-way BUT worth the drive FOR SURE!!! LOVE the new place, but the old place was really cool too!! GREAT burgers, great fries, great shakes!!! One day one of us will try to beat the Zipper Ripper!!! You can't go wrong with a stop @ Dave's!!! It's been a while since we have come up there so we are due for a visit again!!

Been to Dave's Burger Barn? Share your experiences!