“What a great deal”

Ranked #20 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Houston, Texas
“What a great deal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

I don't know how I found this place, but I'm glad I did. I paid $60 bucks with tax for a double queen non smoking room. When you include the super friendly front desk with the fact that the room was only $60 bucks for two queen beds, you have a good start. Then, the AC worked great, icy cold over night. All outlets worked, all utilities worked, shower was fine, plenty of hot water. This is a great place to stop, even for a little more money.

Only negative is the breakfast was very underwhelming. I would hope for a just a bit more selection.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

We had car trouble, ended up very tired and trying to find a hotel that would allow us with our 5 lb. Chihuahua to stay without charging us an arm and a leg because of our small dog. We were so happy to find this place because it was very clean and comfortable and only charged us an extra $10.00 for our dog. Front desk clerk was very nice and considerate. Room was clean, comfortable and I would compare it to a $100.00 a night room in Waco but total charge was just under $70.00. It is a small hotel but we would highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Waco who would like a very clean and comfortable place to spend the night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael60956
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

Some friends offered us Baylor football tickets on the spur of the moment and we decided to go. All the other hotels in town were booked so we tried Magnuson. I was pleasantly surprised. It's basic, rooms are smaller, but everything's clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly and courteous and the rate was very attractive. The only minus was limited parking space. The hotel was full that night and I suspect some guests who arrived after us had to park on the street or in the lot of the fast-food place next door. A nice find, I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the back to avoid traffic noise from I-35.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Callmephil
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

This ia an older but rennovated hotel. Rooms are big and comfy. Indoor pool and waffle style breakfast and such a great price. Easy acces to resturuants on drag or 84. Great service. Easy check in and again good value.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank bdt_11
Marlin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2011

This hotel is a piece of crap. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to no one. They charger you unnecessary rates and the palce is fallen apart. The bathroom has mold and dark spot in the rooms. The customer service lie about prices when its only $64.99 a night for two adults but they charger you $149.99 for this one night.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Waco hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2011

My friend and I came into town to visit Baylor and were searching for a hotel to stay at. Unfortunately we chose a night when a large convention that we were unaware of was in town. Econolodge offered us the best price of the places that were not sold out in town. We decided to use the pool which the guy at the counter had just cleaned, but when we arrived the water was s nasty green color with a lot of leaves. There is also no hot tub at this establishment. When we got to the room there was one queen bed and one fold out couch. My friend said the bed was comfortable, but definatly try to stay away from the fold out couches. My back still hurts. Breakfast was average and checkout time was a bit early for those of us who like to sleep in but overall it was fine. Nothing special about this place, stay here if you need a quick place to spend the night and don't plan on spending much time in the hotel.

• Stayed April 2011
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2011

Let me first start off by saying Victoria is Awesome! Great she walked me thru my whole reservation, cancellation policy and pet fee. When I arrived the customer service went down. Sondra, look as if she just crawled out of bed. She was checking us in and was very slow and YAWNED the either time she checked us in, she used a off the wall excuse I just woken up but once I have my coffee I much better. She was horrible no smile on her face, hair was everywhere. I called Victoria and she was so sweet apologizing to me saying that she will tell boss and give offered to give me a percent off my room I had told her no because I just wanted it to be addressed. I don't need nothing free at all or given a call just take care of the problem. After talking to Victoria, she made me realize that there is such a thing as being a team player because she took up for Sondra and the company. Y'all have a great worker have her train Sondra.

• Stayed January 2011