“Dump”

Add it.
Magnuson Hotel Waco
Ranked #19 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Reviewed May 18, 2011

This hotel is a piece of crap. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to no one. They charger you unnecessary rates and the palce is fallen apart. The bathroom has mold and dark spot in the rooms. The customer service lie about prices when its only $64.99 a night for two adults but they charger you $149.99 for this one night.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed April 23, 2011

My friend and I came into town to visit Baylor and were searching for a hotel to stay at. Unfortunately we chose a night when a large convention that we were unaware of was in town. Econolodge offered us the best price of the places that were not sold out in town. We decided to use the pool which the guy at the counter had just cleaned, but when we arrived the water was s nasty green color with a lot of leaves. There is also no hot tub at this establishment. When we got to the room there was one queen bed and one fold out couch. My friend said the bed was comfortable, but definatly try to stay away from the fold out couches. My back still hurts. Breakfast was average and checkout time was a bit early for those of us who like to sleep in but overall it was fine. Nothing special about this place, stay here if you need a quick place to spend the night and don't plan on spending much time in the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed January 9, 2011

Let me first start off by saying Victoria is Awesome! Great she walked me thru my whole reservation, cancellation policy and pet fee. When I arrived the customer service went down. Sondra, look as if she just crawled out of bed. She was checking us in and was very slow and YAWNED the either time she checked us in, she used a off the wall excuse I just woken up but once I have my coffee I much better. She was horrible no smile on her face, hair was everywhere. I called Victoria and she was so sweet apologizing to me saying that she will tell boss and give offered to give me a percent off my room I had told her no because I just wanted it to be addressed. I don't need nothing free at all or given a call just take care of the problem. After talking to Victoria, she made me realize that there is such a thing as being a team player because she took up for Sondra and the company. Y'all have a great worker have her train Sondra.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed March 3, 2010

Our plans to make it home in one day didn't pan out and so we looked for a place to sleep in Waco. Choose Econo Lodge. We wouldn't do it again. The room was ok at first glance, but the shower curtain had been used as a hankerchief, and the weather stripping on the door was non existent. The highway traffic noise was tremendous and the dust and dirt came in as well. The staff was pleasant and the free breakfast ok. Next time we would spend another $20 and stay someplace else.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2009

We arrived late at this motel to say a Baylor Bears game the day after.

The rooms were clean and spacious, beds comfortable and the staff was very helpful. They even advised us to take the free shuttle to the stadium, to be taken just one block away.

The breakfast was good. Overall a pleasant stay for a very reasonable price, would sure stay again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lucas5915
Reviewed June 2, 2009

We stayed at the Econo Lodge this past weekend while in town for a tennis tournament. Breakfast was nice - yogurt, cereal, bagels, and homemade waffles. The room had a weird odor, but a lot of hotel rooms do. We had a lot of dead bugs in our room and bathroom. The morning we left there was a large spider crawling around on the wall. We let the front desk know, and they told us they had been spraying for bugs. We would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2009

The room was comfortable in every way and the staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good. What more is really needed?

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple